Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, though I'm sure some of you cool guys have already found these, I have not seen them yet.

These are beautiful heavy duty front tub bar and side rails (flat or tube style).

Any body speak Italian?

http://www.misutonida.com/car/xv-304.html

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
GREAT FIND!!!

I love the front bar... not too keen on the sides though.... if it takes away clearance, I would not have them. They look good, but.....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol Scooby_xv... Ya smarty pants!

The side rails: Do they affect the ground clearance at all? Doesn't look like they do or if so, only nominally.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just emailed the company to see if they have a dealer here or if they ship to the US. Asked them for tech specs too. Will see how that goes.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow up: I got email back from company. They sent some install sheets but will add them here for you guys when I get home tonight. Wrote the guy back to clarify needing actual tech specs, costs and shipping to US and cost.

More later I hope!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
avimia said:
Follow up: I got email back from company. They sent some install sheets but will add them here for you guys when I get home tonight. Wrote the guy back to clarify needing actual tech specs, costs and shipping to US and cost.

More later I hope!
Thanks for following up, I can't wait to hear what they say.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys,

Am home now so am attaching the PDFs the company sent me regarding these. One is general brochure, the other two are installation guides for front bar and one for the side rails.

Had to zip them all up together since files were so large. Hope zip works for you.

Still waiting to hear back from the guy regarding costs, if they ship to US, cost to ship and materials tech spec sheet. He did ask if I was a private party or a business. Of course, told him private party, but that I knew a lot of people who are interested in it as well. So we'll see what happens. :)

Will keep you guys posted when I hear something back. Keep fingers crossed!!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not sure why anyone would install these. Sorry guys, but I bought my XV because of its most unique attribute - ground clearance. This front bar reduces your approach angle even more than the standard bumper does now, and the side rails are a great thing to catch on every hump and drainage ditch in a dirt road that you might drive on. Rather than protect your vehicle I fear that they'd damage it - unless they're strong enough to be used as rock sliders - which I'd doubt. If you really want some to try first, I could point out a few trails around NSW where you'll find similar lightweight sidesteps and rails off to the side of the road after they've been ripped off other vehicles :)

If you never intend to use your car for what it was designed, offroad travel, then they'd be fine I suppose. Then, they're merely bling - but that's more than OK if your XV is a street cruiser. The steps are good if you or someone else have difficulty alighting from your vehicle.

Not trying to upset anyone, but I think they're more than a little useless. :(

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You make some very good points regarding usage vs needs vs wants. From that I think it obviously boils down to how a person does use their car and where they are taking it. It's probably as much a personal choice just like anything a person puts on any car. Like... I would never bother putting the battery brace on where I live, we have to change our batteries every 2 years or so even when it is a 5 year battery. So that battery bar would just be a pain in the butt for me. Lol.

Here in the US it is actually pretty common for an off-roadie type vehicle to have a front push bar and many even have side rails (though a lot have side rails more as actual steps to get up into the higher vehicles.. Lol).

I'm with you on the side rails as my fear would be impacts to the ground clearance. But, the front bar is interesting to me. Since, not everyone is apt to take their XV out for a mud bath, the clearances may not be an issue for them. I think if the XV continues to catch on, you'll see all variations from jacked up to ground affects. Subies just seem to be cool that way.

Since I am one whose XV will never see mud trails, the front push bar is not only a great accessory, but where I live... It's nearly a "must have"! Traffic in a lot of places is packed here in the US... Including the city I live in. It's a daily event to keep eyes peeled for the idiot behind you who stops too close to your rear end, just dying to push you into the car in front of you. And of course there is the unvariable little old lady who believes that by age 80 its still ok to drive and there's no need to look behind her before backing up. Those things, and many others are the exact reason why that front push bar is great feature in my case... Just another form of protection.

All in all, I think it's going to be fun to see what all people will put on their cars. Talked to a guy the other day who was looking at mine, as he is thinking about buying an XV. He wants to pull the wheels out, put on wider tires and give the car a wider affect. I can see that. Lol.

Fun stuff! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
With the introduction of energy-absorbing thermoplastics (as used for our bumpers) I must question the validity that a nudge bar will save damage in the advent of a parking collision. You can pop our bumpers right in, and they spring back out. If a nudge bar is hit it transfers energy straight through to its mounting points and surrounding monocoque chassis - possibly deforming something that shouldn't be even with a slight hit. It's a tough call if you look at it in these pure protectionist terms.

If you simply like the looks, then that's reason enough to have one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, I am really liking the front bar a lot. I would definitely be interested pending cost/shipping. Do you know if there are pre-drilled holes for additional lighting?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't know about any pre-drilled holes. The attached zip file (further up the thread) may have graphic showing more.

As a follow up... I'm still researching this. Waiting on a reply from a distributor for these. (The original post was about the manufacturing company who only sells to distros).

So will follow up as soon as I find out more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts