Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked them up at the Dealership.... no pics yet....sorry

Instructions are CRAZY for what they are... and I can see why a lot of folks would have the dealership install the side deflectors...

I will be tackling the hood and sides tomorrow afternoon in the nice warm sun....

OH!!! BTW.... Rear Spoiler will be here by Wednesday along with my moonroof deflector!! 8)

stay tuned for install threads on everything....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Re: Got me Hood Deflector and Side Deflectors~

yup we were one of those people that had the dealership install them!lol It's worth the money to keep from frustrating the hubby!haha

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

LOL!!! I hear ya.... I have read them 3 times already.... they need someone else to write instructions other than a person that spent the best 6 years of school in 3rd grade... LOL!!!

I am not certain if I will be able to do the side deflectors tomorrow... I forgot... I am gettin the tint done at 9am....

·
Registered
354 Posts

Good luck on installing them! Yeah gotta have the tinted windows :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the hood deflector installed. Pretty easy and take your time marking it all for the protective clear tape.

USE A DRY ERASE MARKER (hint)

And don't drop the white plastic insert for the hood into the engine bay (doh!!!). Took me 20 minutes to find it! Lol!!!

VERY well constructed and perfect fit. Highly recommended over aftermarket

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
603 Posts
these are awesome!! Now, I *really* want them on mine too! hehee.

Your car is really looking sharp!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks... Have to wait a bit to install the side deflectors due to fresh tint.

Spoiler is next.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the side deflectors.

So.. wonder if there's any issues with putting front deflector on over clear bra?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
avimia said:
Looking forward to seeing the side deflectors.

So.. wonder if there's any issues with putting front deflector on over clear bra?

I highly doubt it... each clip for the hood protector has a clear protective 'sticky pad' that you apply to the hood prior to installation of any hooks. Even the button-bumpers that rest against the hood have 'sticky pads to protect the paint ( which you apply before installing the deflector )

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ClubCrosstrek said:
Ugh.

Why did I have to make this forum? Now I want EVERY. SINGLE. MOD. that people are posting up.

Haha, it looks great!

Ya, Phillip!!! It's all your fault!!! Now I spend more time on the Forum..... modding my XV (spending too much $$$ ) and sharing with our growing XV community....

YOU'RE GROUNDED!!! 8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm glad to read it was easy to install. After our 1200 mile road trip we hope it will help to reduce the bugs off the windshield!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cedreca said:
I'm glad to read it was easy to install. After our 1200 mile road trip we hope it will help to reduce the bugs off the windshield!

It protects the front edge of the hood and does a great job deflecting them ( and anything else ) up and over the windshield.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't be without one for sure.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice!!!! Makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How well do the wind deflectors work? I enjoy driving with the the windows down and if they enhance that experience they will be on the top of my list.

They do look good none-the-less. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well... for the hood you have almost a dual protection. Saves chips in the hood and actually deflects most debris up and over the windshield.

As for the side windows, they are fantastic for in-climate weather... you can roll down the side windows about 2-3" in the pouring rain without worrying about water getting inside.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts