Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Crosstrek pilots,
Yep, picked up my new Crosstrek Friday. Yay! Thought I'd give Ya'll my initial impressions,after 100 + miles.
Wow, a very sophisticated car. Still learning about my Subie. But I now understand why they are so highly regarded.
First impression is the steering "feel". This thing tracks like a laser. Very reassuring. It is also nimble,and, takes corners flat.
Seeing the ground clearance is kinda' high, I found it handles very well. Kudos to the Subaru suspension team. Ride is firm,
but far from harsh. Still being very gentle on acceleration and braking, and will continue till I reach 1K miles.
Surprises? yep, at least a couple. Being an old school analog kind of guy, I was mildly surprised when I got a dash board warning that the steering was off.
Huh? Checked the owners manual. Went to engine diagrams. Noticed no power steering pump. Ah ha! electric power steering. Nice!
Jury's still out on the little dashboard reminders I get from time to time, but I'll get over it. Other surprise, no maintenance till 5k miles? (I'll check that!)
I've added TuxMats to the car. Also very nice. Need to add hook and loops to the area where the fuel filler release lever is. But otherwise fit like a glove.
Subaru cargo mat a nice addition. (thanks Subaru!)) Gary Lang Subaru did a nice detailing job on the car.(Grateful!).Oh the car is a steel blue.
Very hansom. Now, time to enjoy! Thanks for all your suggestions!
Be well/safe/happy.
Regards,
BassBob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey fellow Crosstrek pilots,
Yep, picked up my new Crosstrek Friday. Yay! Thought I'd give Ya'll my initial impressions,after 100 + miles.
Wow, a very sophisticated car. Still learning about my Subie. But I now understand why they are so highly regarded.
First impression is the steering "feel". This thing tracks like a laser. Very reassuring. It is also nimble,and, takes corners flat.
Seeing the ground clearance is kinda' high, I found it handles very well. Kudos to the Subaru suspension team. Ride is firm,
but far from harsh. Still being very gentle on acceleration and braking, and will continue till I reach 1K miles.
Surprises? yep, at least a couple. Being an old school analog kind of guy, I was mildly surprised when I got a dash board warning that the steering was off.
Huh? Checked the owners manual. Went to engine diagrams. Noticed no power steering pump. Ah ha! electric power steering. Nice!
Jury's still out on the little dashboard reminders I get from time to time, but I'll get over it. Other surprise, no maintenance till 5k miles? (I'll check that!)
I've added TuxMats to the car. Also very nice. Need to add hook and loops to the area where the fuel filler release lever is. But otherwise fit like a glove.
Subaru cargo mat a nice addition. (thanks Subaru!)) Gary Lang Subaru did a nice detailing job on the car.(Grateful!).Oh the car is a steel blue.
Very hansom. Now, time to enjoy! Thanks for all your suggestions!
Be well/safe/happy.
Regards,
BassBob
Congrats! I placed my order the first week in May for a white, 2022 Crosstrek Sport with the upgraded infostainment system, I've been told it should arrive sometime in late July...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nicely done Law950! Yea, I had to wait for mine. The dealer will probably remind you to keep the revs under 4k for the first 1000 miles. I didn't exceed 4k rpms until the o.d.
showed about 1300/1400 miles. Still treated it gently.
My dealership is offering a "get to know your Subie". I had to reschedule the appointment, but I will, and soon. Just an fyi, my last new car was a first-generation Scion TC Coupe.
My oh, my, a LOT has changed in the automotive world.
Be well/safe.
BassBob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts