Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK... here is the start...

Remove the plate... and YES.. I have 4 holes ( another thread starter was curious )

Line up the Unibar and use the INSIDE holes... 'massage' them a bit with a 1/4" bit to align with the dealer 'drilled holes' and install using screws you pulled out.

Now... it's NOT a PUSH bar... or a NUDGE bar.... is a LIGHT bar..... Mount is made of Extruded Aluminum and powder-coated black... The chrome bar is alloy. If you want it a bit stronger for support you can put more screws in... for now... Im not, but I will.

Mostly for aesthetics and possibly lights later on... I just REALLY like the way it looks and will protect the bumper from idiots in a parking lot who can't judge what they drive....

I think it totally compliments the front end... matches the contour of the bumper, flows with the grille.. what else can you ask for? I love it!

$88 with free shipping on AMAZON 8)

I'll take a full pic later when we pull it out of the garage....

Here....

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm going to stencil "Child Safety Seat Mounting Bracket" on mine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ClubCrosstrek said:
I think I like it. Does it come ready from factory to put lights on (i.e. pre-drilled holes)? How would you wire the lights in?

You can see the pre-drilled holes here....

As far as wiring goes.... it's just like any other set of lights. You'll have all the wiring supplied with the lights ( most of the time, if you buy good lights ) with a relay and a switch.

It's not hard to wire in lights, just need to take your time and follow the directions if you have never done it... it's easy...

·
Registered
714 Posts
That does look pretty good. How sturdy is the bar? I have a set of rally 4000 lights but they weigh quite a bit and I doubt those stock screws would hold them.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Subir_roo said:
That does look pretty good. How sturdy is the bar? I have a set of rally 4000 lights but they weigh quite a bit and I doubt those stock screws would hold them.
For anything to be mounted on it with stability, it would need more screws in the bottom of the aluminum plate. If it were to be removed, you would need to ensure the extra holes are in the area that a normal license plate would cover. THINK ABOUT IT... the ONLY 2 screws holding this on mine ( right now ) are the two license plate screws into the plastic bumper. It can be drilled into the bumper beam behind the cover, but would have to be checked in that area.

I may do Hella 500FF fog lights since I run complete Hella lighting on my Jeep and love the output.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's what I figured. Even with 4 screws into the plastic I probably wouldn't totally trust it. Maybe if you can screw it into the beam but you'd have to figure out how to put a spacer in there otherwise as you tighten it down it would crush the foam in there a bit and pull the bumper closer to the beam.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My idea was 'L' brackets on the mount that will go under the lip and bolt to the underside. Give me a few days to get after it... Swamped here lately

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's probably a pretty good way to do it. That bumper beam is way up in there though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes.. It comes with adjustable mounts to mount euro plates and us plates. I will have a front plate when they come in.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll post up the plate mounts after work. It'll give you a good visual

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice, does it seem to hold the plate solid?

Also, if I may ask, what does IYAOYAS mean?
The plate will be solid... the large holes are for bolts.... and a nut slides in the rail of the unibar back plate. You anchor it in place once you have your spacing and alignment done.

LOL!!! I figured that would be asked of me.... Being a Retired Marine of the Aviation Ordnance Technician background, it was only fitting for me to have this plate ( I will probably never use it on a vehicle ). It holds a special place in the hearts and minds of Ordnance Techs. 8)

If You Aint Ordnance, You Aint Sh_t

BTW... many facets of the Ordnance Field across all branches of the military... a couple of my favorites from the span of 20 years were building 2000 lb laser-guided bombs and working on the gun systems of the AV-8B Harrier and the F/A-18. I was a GUN GOD!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.