Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Subaru, a white Forester, in 2003 when I got back from OIF. Really enjoyed it, but traded it in in 2009 when I moved to my current posting in North Texas because the nearest dealer was 110 miles away.

A few months ago, I saw the ads for the XV, Crosstrek here in the states, and LOVED the Tangerine Orange (although my wife hated it, and suggested I would grow tired of it quickly). However, when I actually saw the orange in person, I was bummed that it didn't match what I thought I saw in the ads...it was just darker/more flat, than I thought. So, I decided the white one would do the trick. However, when I drove to Dallas two weeks ago to buy it, the dealer showed me the Desert Khaki, and after 2 hours of looking at the two colors (while letting two different dealers fight over my business), I bought the Desert Khaki. The deal breaker/decision maker between the two colors turned out to be how light the Ivory leather interior looked. We figured it would pick up/show too much dirt/grim too quickly...so black leather it is.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to the club, Greg! Congrats on new purchase. My wife also frowned on the orange... I still love it, though my Satin White Pearl is heavenly. You're gonna love the XV more each time you drive it...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, my only 'problem' with the Khaki is that I didn't buy the Tangerine. Ha.

Guess I should have bought two, then I'd be set with no regrets.

·
Registered
354 Posts
welcome to the group! We have desert khaki we love it! It hides dirt well! This is primarily hubby's vehicle but in a couple years when this one is paid off if we decide to do a 2nd one then I will get orange or the green they showed on the hybrid if it's available on the non-hybrids!lol

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome, Skidder! I have been going through all my unread posts and have seen you are already quite active on the boards, but I just got to your introduction thread!

Do you plan on doing any mods to your Crosstrek, whether they be aesthetic or practical?

Thanks for joining!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely. To me, the XV just screams "mod me!!!" Ha

Nothing crazy, Weathertech mats and door wind deflectors, bumper molding from the Outback, Tork Lift hitch (to haul bikes, roof mount I've done before, and I want to try the hitch mount with my Lefty), floor board lighting from ???, etc. Probably in that order too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Congrats. Khaki and Orange were my two choices. GF advised against orange. Went with it anyway and she actually really likes it now. I still can't believe that I have an orange car - and actually love it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Orange/Khaki/orange/khaki....The morning after I bought my Khaki, I woke up at 0400hrs, literally seeing tangerine orange, in my dreams, when I closed my eyes! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Buyer's remorse on steroids...breath in through the nose, out through the mouth...

I really hope the orange is an option in 3-4 years, when I swap cars...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Skidder said:
Orange/Khaki/orange/khaki....The morning after I bought my Khaki, I woke up at 0400hrs, literally seeing tangerine orange, in my dreams, when I closed my eyes! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Buyer's remorse on steroids...breath in through the nose, out through the mouth...

I really hope the orange is an option in 3-4 years, when I swap cars...
Seeing as how I officially hated orange before the Crosstrek it's kind of weird. Now I drive around wondering why more people don't have orange cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get it...

Before I bought my Cannondale Rush (tangerine orange), I didn't notice how much orange I actually have...jackets, running shoes, etc.

When I told folks I wanted the Orange XV, they said I was nuts...

I'm loving the Khaki, but I still want the orange...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts