Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took Guanella Pass Road (currently closed at the top) just for a scenic drive and found a little road that went west off of it. I decided to go down it and see how the XV would do in the mud. It didn't look too bad and I still had cell reception at the time so I figured what the heck. Here's some pics of the XV with a nice backdrop:

The road I was taking:

Car1:

Car2:

It was a fun day even though I couldn't go all the way through the pass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks like a great time. I just got a Crosstrek today and plan on taking her to the mountains east of San Diego soon.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
You have NO IDEA HOW JEALOUS I AM!!!!1111

*drools* :p

Adventure calls, but I have no Subie to drive yet.

I sure hope you fully enjoyed such a beautiful drive!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AWDfreak, I thoroughly enjoyed the day :)

ClubCrosstrek, guanella pass road is about 24 miles long but takes about an hour to drive. I didn't get to drive all of it that day but plan on going back. There are plenty of little trails coming off of the road like this one that go back into the mountains a bit. I'd say I drove around for a good 3-4 hours :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Awesome pics Chris...I love the Tangerine just looking out at the mountains ahead!

Everytime I see these pics I start wracking my brain for places nearby to adventure with my crosstrek. Maybe a trip through western maryland is in order. Either that or I need to take a road trip out into the western/southwestern US!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts