Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2016 Crosstrek Limited w/ Navigation since December and believe it or not I'm now noticing that when the light's are off and the head unit is at full brightness that when I step on the brakes the head unit dims! Is that normal? Can it be disabled if it is? Thanks
Someone said. My guess is your brake light circuit is shorting into the night time running light circuit. Maybe through the rear bulbs?
I checked if the LEDs I installed in the bumper might have been wired wrong. There good. HELP!

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is something that I have experienced with older cars but not something this new. My old WRX would dim the headlights when I hit the brakes. Don't get me started on my old Blazers.

If you have the dash lights up (shouldn't the lights be out if the headlights are out?) radio on and the defrosters/AC on (the condenser running) when you hit the brakes its a definite draw on the electrical system.

What all do you have drawing power? Mods, etc...?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is something that I have experienced with older cars but not something this new. My old WRX would dim the headlights when I hit the brakes. Don't get me started on my old Blazers.

If you have the dash lights up (shouldn't the lights be out if the headlights are out?) radio on and the defrosters/AC on (the condenser running) when you hit the brakes its a definite draw on the electrical system.

What all do you have drawing power? Mods, etc...?
Found out the culprit. I installed rear LEDs in the reflector area of the rear bumper. They wire up to ground, brake and parking light's. Disconnected and it's back to normal. Gotta recheck the wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts