Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching, have read the manual, but still can't find an answer. Do the manual headlights shut off automatically when you remove the key if you forget to turn them off? I have a 2018 Crosstrek.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
For the longest time, even as far back as 2000, Subaru's models, even with manual headlights, do seem to automatically turn off once the key is taken out of the ignition. I was surprised to find such a feature on a 2000 Forester that had steel wheels and a 5-speed manual.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For the longest time, even as far back as 2000, Subaru's models, even with manual headlights, do seem to automatically turn off once the key is taken out of the ignition. I was surprised to find such a feature on a 2000 Forester that had steel wheels and a 5-speed manual.

I was going to say the same thing. Many days I’ve started the car and see that the headlights came on. Usually after putting it away in borderline dark conditions and might not have remembered I put them on in the first place. However, this afternoon when I went to get the car out of the garage, I tried to put the headlights on WITHOUT the key in or starting the car. They came on as normal, just with the loud constant warning beep until I started the car. So it’s a fairly smart system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts