1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... what do you think?

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Too bad they have to go back.... :-\ Wife doesn't like them....

It's not better to ask forgiveness than permission....sometimes... oh well....

EDIT: I may be able to keep them!!! MAYBE...... ( cross your fingers! )

·
Registered
800 Posts
ahhh, too bad the wife didnt like em. Looks like they just mounted on top of the unbar? Did you have to reinforce it like you mentioned earlier?

She just doesnt like the aesthetics?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made all the reinforcements for the Unibar today at work... SHHHH! I wanted to see if she would approve before I did all the mods.....she doesn't like the look... even though the same lights on my Jeep are a GODSEND in severe weather ( I have Hella Fogs, Drivers and Hella E-Code headlamps )

I will still put the reinforcements on the Unibar.... just to strengthen it up a bit.... so I guess the Unibar is for looks now... sigh.... maybe she will change her mind.... maybe....

To mount them... I had to make 1" aluminum risers and change the mounting bolt length by 1/2". That was easy. I never got them wired up... so......

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys... they went back today.... I'm bummed...... :-\

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Xtrekr. Sorry.. But I have to side with the wife on this one. I love the unibar, and the idea of the lights. I'm just thinking that maybe, those particular lights aren't working IMHO. Looking at them again.. I think it may be simply the fact that they are round and something about that just looks "off" to me. What are the chances you could do this with a *slightly* smaller sized lights that are the *rectangle* instead of the round? I am sure I have seen these out there. And in my mind, that might look more "fitted" to the overall look, rather than looking too after-market. Don't know....just a thought. Well... If not, there's always some other goodie to add! Hehehe.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about rectangle or square... but opted for round to keep in the family of the fogs. Slimline LED's would work... also looked at some 3" square LED's.... just way too much right now.

I can live without drivers..... she drives it daily and I have my Jeep..... it's all good.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Todd! I'm jealous and you're a modifying stud! I was just watching "Fifth Gear" on BBC and the one guy was getting lessons driving in the snow from a retired Scandinavian rally champion. They showed some footage of the Audi Quattro he once raced. On it? You guessed it! Large sized driving lights that looked absolutely awesome!! Just like those! I thought, "man, those would look great on the Crosstrek". Then I see your post.....funny how that worked out. Anyway, I vote strongly to keep em and go buy the Mrs. something to make her forget about em? Is that even a option? All I have is tint.....I'm so embarrassed :-[

My old TJ, traded on Xv

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately not. I tried $100 makeup shopping spree... No go. They are gone. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ClubCrosstrek said:
Xtrekr said:
Unfortunately not. I tried $100 makeup shopping spree... No go. They are gone. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
If that didn't work, you're screwed.

You know it... it wasn't more than 1/10 of a second before I got the, " NO!!! That's not gonna work this time!!"

LOL!! I knew then they were going back.... still bumming about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts