Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls how are you. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Archer, at least that's what my friends call me. Currently I do not own a Crosstrek, I drive a VW GTI. However once my taxes come in Im selling that and buying a crosstrek. Huge fan of the orange. I've been reading the site quite a bit, and learning as much as I can about this vehicle. From everything I've seen Im a huge fan. Im not a stranger to the off-road world before my GTI I had a lifted Tacoma on 33's and loved it. I'm 29 and currently residing in Virginia. Ive been in the military for a little over ten years. Im hoping to turn a crosstrek into a BUGOUT/TACTICAL vehicle. I look forward to talking to all of you about my plans, I will include pictures of the vehicle once i finally get it should be about a month or so. Well hope you enjoyed the read.

-ARCHER

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

If you're new to the brand, I highly recommend you check out the "New to Subaru" thread as well as the break-in procedures of the almost-always-neglected parking brake if you do go forward with getting a new Subaru.

I haven't necessarily got a tactical/bugout vehicle, but I got myself a basic kit you could possibly consider for inspiration, if you haven't thought of a list yet. Though with your previous off-road vehicle experience, I think you'll have a better idea of what to choose.

Emergency kit:
* Chinook Medical Gear Bleeding & CPR Basic Kit Product No. #01428RD
* Chinook Medical Gear Home & Vehicle Kit Product No. #01374RD
* Craftsman Industrial 77 PC. Mechanics' Tool Set - All Metric #29769
* Orion 30 MINUTE 6-PACK Retail Packaged Emergency Road Flares
* Subimods Fire Extinguisher Bracket 2015-2016 WRX / STI SKU: SM-EXT-BRK/VA
with H3R Performance - MX250 Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher - Red (Model MX250R)
* Deflecto Safe-Lite Early Warning Triangle Kit (contains 3 triangles) P/N 73-0711-00
* Cyalume Technologies 10" Flare Alternative P/N 9-27047
* flexible recovery ramps
* 2 D-ring shackles
* 20 ft recovery strap
* Subaru Severe Weather Companion P/N SOA868V9500
* Vaughan Solid Steel Campe Axe With Sheath SKU AS1-1/4
* Deka commercial service booster cables P/N 00158
* Silky Super Accel 210 straight blade folding saw P/N 119-21

What made you choose the Subaru XV Crosstrek as a bugout/tactical vehicle compared to the many vehicles that could fulfill that as a base vehicle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts