Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Hello Fine people, Aren't we all Newbs on this owners site?!

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  AWDfreak 
#1 ·
Lovin my first Subaru! Last 5 cars, jeep wrangler, Cadillac ctsv(midlife crisis)! , Honda civic si, (2) f150s. Have had a 1969 Chevy C10 all along.

#3 ·
The Crosstrek is my first Subaru too. I've lusted after the WRX for a long time though. This is a very capable vehicle and I suspect it will be around for quite some time. Although I love the fuel economy in the initial version I hope they introduce a much sportier version at some point. The Crosstrek would be a ton of fun with an extra 100hp.

#5 ·
ClubCrosstrek said:
Welcome, RubySu, glad for you to join us. I always wanted a Wrangler growing up and I still want a CTS-V....maybe one day it will sit next to the Crosstrek.
A CTS-V wagon with a 6-speed manual would be my dream CTS-V... Mmmmmmm just the though of the ultimate grocery getter that would beat most vehicles on dry pavement gets me jittery! :D

Nothing wrong with the CTS-V. From what I've read, it's great for the older car enthusiast who supposedly wants to smoke ricers 8)

#7 ·
Thank you all for that kind welcome! I miss that V so.... I sold it to a man out in Utah and as part of the deal, I would drive it to him, from Chas. SC. no less. In return, he bought a 1st class ticket for me to get back home. When I signed over the title, that car had just over 9K on the odometer. I have a gentleman s agreement that when he gets tired of it, he ll sell it back to me. As of Dec. 2012, he still has it as I emailed him around Christmas. I didn't tell him I hit 179 mph on way out there! I am not kidding either! 179! I could see my heart beating through my shirt! I still don t know what came over me having never been over 120 or so before that!

Anyway, that post about the 6 speed Station wagon - that is the awesome truth brother! Someday, that version you describe is going to sell at Barrett Jackson for a half mil. No doubt!

Great to be here! Go easy on those rice burner cars now, I used to have a Si and when that vtec kicked in, that motor would scream. All good my friends, all good.

#8 ·
CrossTrekFan said:
The Crosstrek is my first Subaru too. I've lusted after the WRX for a long time though. This is a very capable vehicle and I suspect it will be around for quite some time. Although I love the fuel economy in the initial version I hope they introduce a much sportier version at some point. The Crosstrek would be a ton of fun with an extra 100hp.
An extra 100hp would be cool but defeat the purpose of it being a fuel efficient vehicle. You could always get the wrx and change up the suspension to emulate the XV's ride.

#9 ·
spyder720 said:
CrossTrekFan said:
An extra 100hp would be cool but defeat the purpose of it being a fuel efficient vehicle. You could always get the wrx and change up the suspension to emulate the XV's ride.
I'm cool with the tradeoff since I bought this to rack up some serious road trip miles. There are just moments where I wish I could tap some extra HP and go nuts.

#10 ·
I m with that thinking too- wishing for extra 100 hp every now and then. Nothing wrong with the need for speed! I do like the great mileage but when I start rowing thru my manual at high revs, say up to 5000, it really kills the mileage but it gives me a shot of that great boxer sound....which is addictive.

#11 ·
RubySu said:
I m with that thinking too- wishing for extra 100 hp every now and then. Nothing wrong with the need for speed! I do like the great mileage but when I start rowing thru my manual at high revs, say up to 5000, it really kills the mileage but it gives me a shot of that great boxer sound....which is addictive.
It may not be the fastest 4cyl crossover but I doubt any competitors sound as good.

#12 ·
Welcome RubySu! I like the fact that everyone is pretty much a XV noobie. That's one of the great things about this forum. As people change and add things to the Crosstrek, we get to see it pretty much first hand. I can't wait to see what crazy stuff people end up doing to these things.

#13 ·
RubySu said:
Thank you all for that kind welcome! I miss that V so.... I sold it to a man out in Utah and as part of the deal, I would drive it to him, from Chas. SC. no less. In return, he bought a 1st class ticket for me to get back home. When I signed over the title, that car had just over 9K on the odometer. I have a gentleman s agreement that when he gets tired of it, he ll sell it back to me. As of Dec. 2012, he still has it as I emailed him around Christmas. I didn't tell him I hit 179 mph on way out there! I am not kidding either! 179! I could see my heart beating through my shirt! I still don t know what came over me having never been over 120 or so before that!

Anyway, that post about the 6 speed Station wagon - that is the awesome truth brother! Someday, that version you describe is going to sell at Barrett Jackson for a half mil. No doubt!

Great to be here! Go easy on those rice burner cars now, I used to have a Si and when that vtec kicked in, that motor would scream. All good my friends, all good.
That's not what I meant when I said ricers. I'm a car enthusiast that enjoys all kinds of stuff, whether it be the microscopic Honda engine revving someone's heart out down to the heavy truck scene who loves to pull anything and everything they can.

I may not like everything, but I can appreciate everything.

More car people joining is always a good thing :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.