Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning from Florida. We bought a Crosstrek a month ago and we love it!! First Subaru and so far good. We are going to inaugurate her with a cross country trip from southern east coast to northern west coast then across northern mid west to Michigan area and back down the east coast to Florida. We are taking 3 months and seeing all the National Parks along the way. We are attempting to do this trip as cheaply as we can. We will be tent camping along the way. Our grand adventure!! We did purchase a cargo basket to give way for all the camping gear. Not sure how this will effect the gas mileage but we will see. I think it will be better than the luggage rack on top. We will see.
Any suggestions will be helpful.
Thanks and trek on!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds fun! I'm new too, so I don't have any suggestions for you, but welcome! It's fun driving the Crosstrek! I get excited when I see another on the road with me. I almost want to wave hello! :)

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

What made you choose the Crosstrek? The outdoor capability of 8.7 inches of ground clearance? For roof rack accessories, they have a massive effect on the fuel economy but that can be alleviated with a slower cruise speed and other hypermiler techniques.

Since you're new to Subaru, please consider checking out the "New to Subaru" thread here:
http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums...time-to-read-these-maintenance-tips-3277.html

Although your Subaru has been with you about a month, here are some tips for break-in of some of your Subaru's components:
http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums...e-read-the-break-in-procedures-here-3608.html

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the club. I recently bought my first Subaru as well. After the first 1000 miles I can say I made the right choice. The crosstrek is the perfect vehicle for me. Sounds like a great time travelling and sight seeing. I am sure I speak for everyone on the site that we look forward to seeing pictures along the way. I have spent days looking through these threads finding ways to make the best of my crosstrek and I am sure you will find all the valuable information you need right here. It has been my experience on club crosstrek in the last week that I've been a member that everyone is very helpful with any and all questions s you may have to get the most from your new car. Ask away as the collective knowledge here is incredible.

Drive safe, and again welcome.
Zero

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats on your XV! Great choice for sure. And welcome!
Your trip sounds great. Have been trying to put one together myself.
Cargo basket was a great choice. I use mine all the time when camping.
I also leave mine on the roof all year round. (Frankly I like the way it looks! LOL)
Have a safe trip!
-Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts