Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to fellow Crosstrek owners. We just picked up my wife's Tangerine XV this past Friday. Got it with the CVT and Nav (realizing the 2nd requires the 1st). We bought it from Rafferty Subaru in Newtown Square, PA.

The XV is replacing her 2002 Forester which has served us well for 155K miles and 8 years. That car now goes to me as a bum around, general commuter, spare car. It in turn will lessen the miles I drive on my 2007 WRX.

So far we've been pretty impressed. I find it comfortable with decent mileage (25mpg avg). It tracks well on the highway and has decent power for a 148hp car. I note the aggressive throttle tip-in and eagerness to rev as helping here. I'm hoping to replace the temp spare with a full size soon. We road trip a lot and I feel much more comfortable with a real tire back there. We'll see if it actually fits. Not too much to criticize at this point other than the temp spare.

We're looking forward to many years of fun with this car since we keep ours for a long time.

Regards.

Edit to add additional comments.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome. A WRX and Crosstrek in the same family? I'm jealous.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome!

Im a first time subaru owner, but from what I hear from other owners it looks like I'll end up a long-timer myself.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to CCT!!! We are all very excited and pleased with our XV's. post up some pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome, subarudude, thank you for signing up here. I am pretty jealous of the Crosstrek AND WRX sitting in the same driveway. I used to have a 2004 WRX and it was a blast, but the Crosstrek I have now is a little more practical for what I need as an everyday driver.

Any pictures of it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome!

Just be glad it even has a spare. LOL. One car I had came with an inflator to blow up the spare, another had none at all and those crappy run-flat tires.

I would love to have a full-size spare but I doubt there's room. Let us know if you try one out. Guess it wouldn't be hard to do, pull off a wheel and see if it will fit in there. I think I'll at least take a tape rule to mine. ;D

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, though it looks like your wide could really use some sun ;).

As for the full sized spare, it would be awesome if you could make enough room under there to fit it, but I am not sure if it will be possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts