Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I'm Joost from Belgium.
After a lifetime of driving Japanese cars, I finally ordered my first Subaru.
2.0i XV (as the Crosstrek is known here), 6 speed manual in Obsidian Black Pearl.
I should take delivery of the car next month.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Hey, Joost, welcome! Thank you for signing up, I hope ClubCrosstrek offers you everything you are looking for.

You will truly love your Crosstrek. As I just posted to another new member, my Crosstrek is still impressing me and proving itself more and more worthy day after day.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got said:
Wish we could get the 6 speed in North America.
Yeah, I have to say I'm a bit baffled that you guys only get the 5 speed. Is it because Americans mostly opt for automatic?

And thanks for the welcome, guys!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
While it is true that most Americans drive an automatic, I don't think that's any reason not to sell the 6MT. If anything, people who want a manual transmission like driving MORE and want MORE control of their car (otherwise they would opt for automatic) so it seems a 6MT would be even more attractive to them.

That said, I do love driving a manual but I still opted for automatic because of how much time I sit in LA traffic.

·
Registered
354 Posts
We went with an automatic cuz hubby drives in more traffic than I do but I think when I get mine I want manual just wish the manual came in the limited also..maybe by the time I get mine it will...a girl can hope :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yup, wish we had the 6mt here in the states. I figured its subaru of America not choosing to give us the 6mt. Kinda like how ford of America won't give us the Focus RS. A 6mt would be so nice. Maybe that's in next years XV for the US.

·
Registered
500 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
I think a lot is on the horizon for the XV. I recently read that Subaru is increasing their production of the Crosstrek by TEN times this year to meet the demand.
Wish they'd started that sooner!

Completely understand why they wouldn't start with high production... It'd be silly to do so, but I'm being selfish here

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chasem said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
I think a lot is on the horizon for the XV. I recently read that Subaru is increasing their production of the Crosstrek by TEN times this year to meet the demand.
Wish they'd started that sooner!

Completely understand why they wouldn't start with high production... It'd be silly to do so, but I'm being selfish here
Haha, I agree!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car is at the dealer's :D
Due to some work related circumstances I won't be able to pick it up until mid march, but at least I know it's there.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Sancho said:
My car is at the dealer's :D
Due to some work related circumstances I won't be able to pick it up until mid march, but at least I know it's there.
Awesome!....Kind of, haha. Sucks you can't pick it up for a couple more weeks, but at least it's there waiting for you. Please post some pics once you pick it up!

·
Registered
111 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Oh I know they'll have some cool stuff as standard features for 2014 that we all paid extra for on the 2013. Or they'll do what they did with the 09 WRX and give it a bump in power or add that 6th gear on the mt. But that's the auto industry.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
spyder720 said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Oh I know they'll have some cool stuff as standard features for 2014 that we all paid extra for on the 2013. Or they'll do what they did with the 09 WRX and give it a bump in power or add that 6th gear on the mt. But that's the auto industry.
That's every industry, it seems. Almost as hard to keep up with as computer technology.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts