Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Minnesota. Have had our XV Crosstrek Limited for a week and loving it.
This is our third Subie. The other two we have passed down to our kids and are still running strong.
See you around.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome aboard. Have you any mods to your XV?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to CCT. What color did you get?

Post some photos when you get a chance!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Welcome. Lucky kids! Enjoy 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
avimia said:
Welcome to CCT. What color did you get?

Post some photos when you get a chance!
The color is Venetian Red Pearl.

Here is a couple of pics after I washed and waxed today. The '04 Forester XT in the background is one that we passed down to the daughter.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to CCT and congrats.... you're spoiling your kids... you that, right? LOL!!! 8)

Giving them a Subie....sheesh!!! next we'll do their college homework and maybe even go to work for them!!!! hahaha!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Welcome to CCT and congrats.... you're spoiling your kids... you that, right? LOL!!! 8)

Giving them a Subie....sheesh!!! next we'll do their college homework and maybe even go to work for them!!!! hahaha!
Yea, I got a 77 Vega with a cracked block (sister filled radiator with water in middle of winter) from my parents! It was my sisters' car, after it was my brothers'. Yes, I was the 3 rd owner. Was my first engine swap though! $50 junkyard special. Took my brother and I a weekend to do it. Forgot to put tranny fluid in- burnt it up- guess what my next project was? Yep...transmission swap! Oh my, those were the good ol days. ...Yea right! Did I mention it was CREME?! Had a 8 track though! Rockin..... 8)

·
Registered
552 Posts
RubySu said:
Xtrekr said:

Giving them a

Yea, I got a 77 Vega with a cracked block (sister filled radiator with water in middle of winter) from my parents! It was my sisters' car, after it was my brothers'. Yes, I was the 3 rd owner. Was my first engine swap though! $50 junkyard special. Took my brother and I a weekend to do it. Forgot to put tranny fluid in- burnt it up- guess what my next project was? Yep...transmission swap! Oh my, those were the good ol days. ...Yea right! Did I mention it was CREME?! Had a 8 track though! Rockin..... 8)

Not to hi-jack Lugs thread...(although that ship has sailed) You wannna talk Vega's. My father would not let me park my 1971 Vega in the driveway cuz it leaked a quart along with burnt a quart of oil a week. So I used to put a long handled pot under the engine and to the captured the leaked oil and then I put it right back into the crankcase! Engine Failure never happened it died from "arusted" development. It rotted away before my eyes.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Can we hijack a "hello"thread?! Lol! I can see you dumping that oil right back in- I did the SAME thing...we were just early recyclers.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Er... ah. Yeah, Yes yes we were. 8) Yeah that's the ticket.. :p IIRC a quart of 30 SAE was only fiddy cent back then! So not only was I frugal but I was ahead of my time! :'(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys - Not sure if you'll see this since it's 2 years later... but,

Just wanted to check and see what MPG's you're getting right now in the Minnesota winter? I'm getting 21-23 after I got it back from a 30k maintenance at the dealer and feel like that is far below what it should be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts