Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Dark Gray Metallic owner here. About 2000 miles in. It replaced a 2008 Tacoma. I much prefer the Crosstrek. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ClubCrosstrek said:
Looks great and welcome to the site, atrox. What made you dump the Taco? I was very seriously considering one but I am glad I didn't end up with it, mainly because of the gas.

Thanks for signing up!
Thanks all.

The Taco was great, but it sucked gas. Mine was a manual too and traffic has been pretty bad around here lately. :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Greetings atrox! I've flirted with the Toyo a few times but never pulled the trigger. Really like the platform though. Welcome to CCT!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RubySu said:
Greetings atrox! I've flirted with the Toyo a few times but never pulled the trigger. Really like the platform though. Welcome to CCT!
The Tacoma was a very solid truck. 80,000 miles and never had to bring it in for anything the entire time. I hope to get the same results from the XV. :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I hope so too...to 80K and beyond! I usually don't keep vehicles that long but I promised myself I would hold onto this one for at least 100K to pay for some of my vehicular sins and throwing away $$$ too often! Back to the Toyota for a sec. There is a electric blue color that really grabs my attention- quad cab. Looks fantastic. Oh well, maybe in a few years 8) For now, sounds like we'll both enjoy what we have.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's interesting that you guys are talking about the gas mileage as a reason to skip the Taco...I must say that in buying the Crosstrek, it was the first time that I ever really considered gas mileage in my buying decision...

how times have changed...

RR

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think we're on the same page Ralph. I wouldn't skip the Taco for mileage. This is not the 1st time I've thought about mileage but it is the first time that it was as large of a contributing factor. Guess we're all sick of $4.00/gal and $100 fillups.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gas milage became a factor the second my place of employment moved an addition 30 miles away. :)

I'd buy another Taco in a heartbeat if milage wasnt an issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts