Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi to everyone in the West regional forum. I will be moving to Seattle in November with the military. I am really excited about the opportunity and the area. Looking forward to the outdoor lifestyle in the west exp camping, trail driving, road trips, etc.

Once I arrive and am settled I would be open to meeting up and maybe setting up a weekend drive or camping trip. If anyone has any ideas or is interested feel free to reply or send a PM.

zero

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I highly recommend you check out the California Lost Coast if you feel like going down south to California. It's in the northern area of Cali.

There's also lots of unpaved roads.

Some of the most virgin coastline you will find on the Usal Road/Chemise Mountain Road/Kings Peak Road/Wilder Ridge Road/Mattole Road route (link URL is goo.gl/maps/ZiuDKj7DTqD2), which I consider to be what would have been what California State Route 1 would have been signed on if the state bothered. California State Route 211 is what would have been California SR 1 had the state completed it. So that link I provided serves as a direct connection near the northern terminus of CA SR-1 and southern terminus of CA SR-211.

It's a bit over 100 miles of twisty roads with amazing scenery and even direct vehicle access to a beach (the only other place that allows that is at Pismo Beach, AKA Oceano Dunes SVRA).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just confirmed I will be arriving in the Seattle area on November 12th. Rhode Island to Washington is going to be a fun drive. Looking forward to getting out that way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet.. I'm actually in Charleston S.C working on a ship. I'll probably be headed out that way in 2 or 3 wks. I have a week stop in Kansas home on leave and then the rest of the way to Seattle.. I should be out there around the end of November. I'm looking forward to getting there and hopefully we can all meet up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!!! I'll be arriving in Seattle the 26th of NOV... My plans have changed about a million time on account of hurricane Mathew. So I am finally home on leave in KS and will be leaving here on Tuesday headed West.... I look forward to meeting up with everyone.

Zero

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I made it to Seattle... Was an amazing drive. The Crosstrek was a lot of fun to drive from Rhode Island to Washington. I did 80mph from KS to Washington with only a strong crosswind slowing me from time to time. I hit the mountain passes in Washington just as the first winter storm hit. Unfortunately, I am extremely busy and will be leaving for sea for 4months soon. In the meantime, if anyone would like to meet up in Seattle or nearby for a few hours just to say hi, feel free to PM me and we can talk. I look forward to setting up some drives in the future and getting to know everyone.

zero

1 - 14 of 14 Posts