Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a red crosstrek. Historically I'm a pick up guy, but 16 years ago I started a job with a 25 mile commute and have since had two kids. The practical side of me forced me to buy cars based soley on mpg and safety. I'm an outdoorsy guy so it has been torture driving my Hyundai elantra and trying to strap canoes and stuff to the roof. So when I was new car shopping I decided to look at subaru because of the all wheel drive. I came across the crosstrek and thought it would be the perfect compromise. I've had it for 3 weeks now, and have to admit I really like it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! Wonderful to hear you got the red. It's a gorgeous color on the Crosstrek.

Put up some pics if you get a chance. Would love to see the red one!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to CCT and congrats on the new ride! I know what you mean being a truck man.... it's like wanting a Harley and riding a Vespa... LOL!!!!! The XV is a great lil, fun car that the wife and I enjoy a lot. It does the job on getting us to those spots that you normally would not take an average car to... that's the best part.... AWD and the clearances needed to get over obstacles.

Post up some pics... the red is a beautiful color....

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the site, Charlie! Congrats on the new Crosstrek, it sounds like it will fit your lifestyle perfectly.

As for posting pics, you can add them as an attachment when you go to make/edit a post, or host them on a site such as imgur.com and then link to them here. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Thanks for joining!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had that pickup thing going too Chuck- hard to break, no doubt. I'm with you though about the safety and the capability...I'll never go back to a p/u as a daily driver after the fun I'm having in the XV. Enjoy 8)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Northern IL!!! I'm in the Fox River area between Elgin and Aurora. I'm in a silver XV, I'll look for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts