Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove home my brand new Crosstrek! They are selling like hotcakes here at all the dealers near Mpls/St Paul (perfect market for it).

Most dealers are selling at full MSRP and expecting you to buy in advance/order them. Found one on the lot...had everything I wanted, but wasn't White...so I got the dark charcoal Limited with the Popular package, spoiler and body side molding. About $1400 under MSRP. (I see that dealers 100 + miles away from the cities are selling at a similar discount, so it's just hot in our area.)

Will take a while to get used to climbing in with the raised floor...it's way different than my HHR and also different than our pickup truck that I have to almost climb up into. :)

This has a truck like ride to it...definitely feels "crossovery".... ;-) Of course the roads here are at their worst heaving and rutted from the thaw/freeze cycle we get in spring, so that isn't helping.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome. Being in Texas I don't to try it out in the snow but all the feedback I hear regarding Crosstreks and winter weather is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a Forester about 10 years ago. The XV feels even sturdier and stable. Subaru has the BEST AWD for both snow AND rainy roads. I have a long daily commute and really wanted to get back to the security of staying on the pavement.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome!

I can tell you the longer you drive it , the more you will fall in love with it! 12 days for us and 349 miles. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad II using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hello and welcome! Sounds as if you got a great deal on your XV. I bought in November and got $500 flat under Msrp. Not bad, I guess. Have almost 8K and lovin it. Is this your first Subaru? Was for me. Enjoy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think my HD radio will take the longest to learn....luckily spring break is soon and my son will be home from college ...he'll show me!

I do miss my speaker system in my HHR....might have to upgrade speakers...we'll see...it does sound better when I turn the volume up...and I haven't figured out how to set the tone/etc...it really needs a speaker in the back though.... ;-)

I'm actually looking forward to driving to work today...LOL!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ClubCrosstrek said:
Can I ask what "Paintgirl" means?
My horse is a Paint...

I am enjoying my Crosstrek more each day! I like it way better than my old Forester (although it wasn't bad, )....after the Forester I purchased a Pontiac Vibe AWD in 2005. My son (college) is now driving that car and loves it. Has almost 130,000 miles and running beautifully. He had the choice to take my 2010 HHR when I traded for my Crosstrek, he decided to keep his cute Vibe.

I was glad he did, I felt the AWD in the Vibe made it a safer choice for him. Driving the HHR in the winter is an art form. LOL

When he gets home on spring break he is going to be drooling over the Crosstrek though! I already asked him to look at my speaker system ...he has done a lot of speaker/radio changes in the Vibe successfully.

I am getting ridiculously high MPG according to the gauge...someone said to subtract a couple MPG from that to get closer to actual...still....it's showing 40 MPG.

I will calc it when I fill up in a few days.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Paintgirl said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Can I ask what "Paintgirl" means?
My horse is a Paint...

I am enjoying my Crosstrek more each day! I like it way better than my old Forester (although it wasn't bad, )....after the Forester I purchased a Pontiac Vibe AWD in 2005. My son (college) is now driving that car and loves it. Has almost 130,000 miles and running beautifully. He had the choice to take my 2010 HHR when I traded for my Crosstrek, he decided to keep his cute Vibe.

I was glad he did, I felt the AWD in the Vibe made it a safer choice for him. Driving the HHR in the winter is an art form. LOL

When he gets home on spring break he is going to be drooling over the Crosstrek though! I already asked him to look at my speaker system ...he has done a lot of speaker/radio changes in the Vibe successfully.

I am getting ridiculously high MPG according to the gauge...someone said to subtract a couple MPG from that to get closer to actual...still....it's showing 40 MPG.

I will calc it when I fill up in a few days.
Yeah the in-car computer is probably 1 or 2 MPG higher than actual, but you are still averaging a great MPG.

Also, I had never heard of a Paint horse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.