Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend, while taking my dad out for a drive, I hit a white-tailed deer on Mount Lemmon near Tucson, Arizona: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW7OWYpNMB0

The airbags deployed and the seat-belts restrained us. The damage was a dead deer, deployed airbags and body-damage to the car. My Cross-trek had to be towed because of the deployed airbags.

I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance company as to whether the car can be repaired or if it will be 'totaled'.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Surprised to see the airbags come out for what looks like cosmetic damage. I'm sure its a lot worse than it appears under the skin. Wow... better safe than sorry I suppose.

I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ugh, hope you get it figured out quickly!

And that was a baby...it barely came above the hood. Amazing how much damage they can do, even when they're not fully matured.

·
Registered
21 Posts
glad to see you're okay and the car help up pretty decent against the deer. my brother hit a full grown buck in his chevy tahoe and it just destroyed the front end and was stuck in the windshield it's leg actually kicked his hand on the steering wheel and broke it! consider yourselves luckyyyy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone! Got the estimate back: Approx 9k to repair. Seems like the largest expense is the replacement of the whole dash, including new airbags and all the other dash electronics. The shop has ordered the parts and says three weeks to finish the repair. Insurance is covering it, but now I hope State Farm doesn't decide to drop me! Hahaha...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts