Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an avid biker. We travel the states and ride trails via road and mountain bikes. We love to soak in the flora and fauna of our great country. In the past I was able to transport the bikes inside our Town and Country Mini Van. Nowwith the XV that is not practical. I have installed the invsi-hitch and I'm looking to see what others are using to transport their two wheeled pedal conveyances.

Platform versions preferred .

·
Registered
714 Posts
I personally own one of these: http://ratracks.com/

They're built by hand by a couple of dudes. The wait time can be long but the racks are top quality period. I haul everything from XC hardtails to full DH rigs with it. No wheel removal, no fussy mounts or strap. Straight up easy to use!
I only use it on my truck since that's the bike trip rig but once there's a hitch on the XV I'm sure it'll be on there too.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roo, Wow...if I had me a PU and was a serious MTB'r I would so want a RatRack system!

Ikon, Nice rack! er for bikes that is.... But a Little beefy for my needs. Our Roadies are Carbon Fiber units that weigh 17 and 19 lbs respectively. Our MTB's are about 25 apiece.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Most of my biking was down hilling and my bike was 40 lbs. But now I just do cross country on a lighter bike. My time trial bike will not fit on the hitch rack dut to the 700c wheels. That's why I also have the roof rack. Let us know what you put on the XV.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
We recently had a very competitive score through Amazon for the Yakima Holdup 2 at $293 shipped.

I will post a few images of the rack off the back of the XV when we get to use it.

Like most XV hitch accessories the stinger needed to be cut just about 5/8th". I was glutton for punishment and cut it by hand to insure a fine line, my hands and shoulders disagreed.

If you noticed the small hole near the cut then you realized that this is the location for the internal anchor. I was able to cut the stinger just to it, did a little sanding to smooth it off, and used some of the DGM touch up to seal the exposed metal.

Dan

Remember where you have been because it will help guide where you are going. --DSH

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wingnut said:
Found a nice little light weight unit that is perfect.

I think I have the same rack on my Crosstrek? Is it the one from Performance Bike? I love mine and it's so easy and quick to use when leaving the trail. One of my buddies bought a name brand one and spent about 60 bucks more and it's essentially the same rack.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wholesalestunna said:
Wingnut said:
Found a nice little light weight unit that is perfect.
I think I have the same rack on my Crosstrek? Is it the one from Performance Bike? I love mine and it's so easy and quick to use when leaving the trail. One of my buddies bought a name brand one and spent about 60 bucks more and it's essentially the same rack.
Yes it is. The Transit II. I had to grind some of the plastic coating off of the hitch lock to get it to click on the pin. Other than that...perfect for or needs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts