Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question is for anyone that already owns the crosstrek or at least anyone who has spent a little bit of time in one at a dealer or what have you:

how IS the interior of the crosstrek? i read reviews ranging from "it's cheap and boring" to "it's simple and works for the car"...

anyone have their 2 cents?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am really happy with the quality and fit of the interior. To my eye it is not plasticky or cheap. I just have the "cloth seats" which are comfortable and seem to be extremely well made. The dash and inside dash trim are nicely put together. A friend of mine has a BMW 300 series and I think the Crosstrek dash is actually nicer. Just my 2 cents of course.

The Crosstrek interior is much less plasticky and better put together than my previous vehicle a 2006 X terra.

I came across this page where someone has posted some interior photos. https://www.facebook.com/SubaruCrosstrekFans

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Good find! The dealer at the city im in still doesn't have any Crosstreks so I haven't been in one yet. I know I could "go sit in an Impreza" but I want to see and feel how it works in the Crosstrek, as crazy as that may sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The one I sat in (for a while) seemed to have a pretty decent Interior. Just like Tech said, it is the Impreza interior so that can give you a pretty good idea for the quality/feel if your dealer doesn't have a Crosstrek on the lot yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I thought the "new car smell" smelled kinda funny. Sort of rubbery. I have cloth seats. Storage is quite lacking, I'm only finding out now. I was so distracted in buying and owning the car these were simple things I overlooked. I look at the possitive side and think this will prevent clutter inside the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the new car smell, I'll be sorry when it fades.

With regard to storage, I am really pleased, for a car this size I thought it was decent. The centre console has a storage area with a lid and a storage shelf in front of the gear shift, two cup holders and a small space for the garage door opener. The doors all have storage pockets and each has a designated area for a water bottle. The glove compartment is a decent size. There is also an arm rest for the back seat complete with two cup holders as well.

The odd professional reviewer has commented that the dash is too plasticky. I completely disagree. I think it is well put together, everything is seamless and the materials as far as I am concerned look and feel nicer than many expensive cars. The carpet, seat and door fabric are all excellent. I rthink many of the Pro. reviewers spend too much time in luxury cars so they get spoiled.

So far I am really happy with my Crosstrek I have had it for a couple of weeks now and no complaints. Gas mileage isn't what Subaru says. Hopefully it will improve when the engine is run in. Some decent pics at facebook.com/subarucrosstrekfans and at cars101.com/subaru/crosstrek/crosstrek2013.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all for the responses! my dealer has 2 crosstreks listed as "in transit" on their site. i called them today and they said at least one of them should arrive within the next two weeks. can't wait to go check it out!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Found my first slight design flaw with the Crosstrek cup holders...they don't hold a small McDonalds coffee with the lid on. The holders are deep enough to make the lid start to come off the cup. Probably needs a small round insert to make the holder less deep or I just should eat/drink in my car!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chrisp said:
Found my first slight design flaw with the Crosstrek cup holders...they don't hold a small McDonalds coffee with the lid on. The holders are deep enough to make the lid start to come off the cup. Probably needs a small round insert to make the holder less deep or I just should eat/drink in my car!
Haha, that is an interesting find. I had a medium Starbucks in mine yesterday with no issues. I guess the deepness can be seen as either a good thing for stability, or a bad thing like in your case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my Crosstrek for three weeks. I drive 83 miles each way to work so I'm getting great gas mileage, around 32 mpg. The inside is not as nice as my 2012 Acura TL AWD, but, what can you expect for a difference of $15K! I think the car is built very well for the price. The only issue that I have is my wife says that when she calls me as I'm driving, the hands-free bluetooth connection is not as clear as my old 2010 Ford Escape. She hears much static. Anyone else find this to be true?

·
Registered
7 Posts
CrossFan said:

With regard to storage, I am really pleased, for a car this size I thought it was decent. The centre console has a storage area with a lid and a storage shelf in front of the gear shift, two cup holders and a small space for the garage door opener. The doors all have storage pockets and each has a designated area for a water bottle. The glove compartment is a decent size. There is also an arm rest for the back seat complete with two cup holders as well.

The odd professional reviewer has commented that the dash is too plasticky. I completely disagree. I think it is well put together, everything is seamless and the materials as far as I am concerned look and feel nicer than many expensive cars. The carpet, seat and door fabric are all excellent. I rthink many of the Pro. reviewers spend too much time in luxury cars so they get spoiled.

So far I am really happy with my Crosstrek I have had it for a couple of weeks now and no complaints. Gas mileage isn't what Subaru says. Hopefully it will improve when the engine is run in. Some decent pics at facebook.com/subarucrosstrekfans and at cars101.com/subaru/crosstrek/crosstrek2013.html

hmm good sharing.. i love the interior which you shared in the urls. And the Crosstrek is looking very nice. can anyone tell me what is the approximate price of a used Crosstrek because I am interesting that car and wanna buy that. Thanks for help in advance.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Eddie007 said:
CrossFan said:

hmm good sharing.. i love the interior which you shared in the urls. And the Crosstrek is looking very nice. can anyone tell me what is the approximate price of a used Crosstrek because I am interesting that car and wanna buy that. Thanks for help in advance.
Probably not going to find any reliable quotes on a used Crosstrek yet as hardly anyone owns them and they are a brand new 2013 model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Personally love the interior -
I sat in a legacy base model in September and HATED it. I almost ruled out Subaru's completely after seeing how cheap the ivory colored plastic looked and felt, and how BORING it was.

Fast forward to the Crosstrek Limited I now have since last Thursday - I love the interior!
It's the all black, and since it's limited it has the leather option - I don't have any complaints at all and its a huge step up from the 2000 Saturn SL1 I was driving :p Everything feels solid and looks great!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts