Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Hmm, this is really interesting. I don't even think my base stereo sounds that bad, but I am not much of audiophile. I may tinker around with it this weekend just for fun, though.

For those interested, the test graphs are on page 4: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2317060&page=4

Thanks for sharing this. If I give it a try then I will post my steps and results here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ClubCrosstrek said:
Hmm, this is really interesting. I don't even think my base stereo sounds that bad, but I am not much of audiophile. I may tinker around with it this weekend just for fun, though.

For those interested, the test graphs are on page 4: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2317060&page=4

Thanks for sharing this. If I give it a try then I will post my steps and results here.
Better to give a post number as it is page 3 for me. It seems people with upgraded speakers are turning loudness off, while those with stock speakers are leaving it on and only doing EQ. It would be interesting to see how everyone sets up their stereo (these settings plus bass, treble...etc) and what type of music they normally listen to.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I played around with it a bit tonight. I have the upgraded 4 speaker Kicker set and have found I like through mode with loudness on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I like loudness on at a low volume because it was a little extra boomey, but at a med-high/high volume it sounds much better with loudness off. It got a little muffled with loudness on when the volume was high. Sounds great where I have it now for my music. Bass +6 Treble + 7 mid +2 EQ through mode and loudness off. This is with the upgraded 4 speaker Kicker set. I want to add tweeters also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the good info. I have mine with loudness off and EQ on through. Sounds a lot cleaner. Now I really would like to know what size speakers to get and how many watts the head unit puts out.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
mircimps said:
Thank you for the good info. I have mine with loudness off and EQ on through. Sounds a lot cleaner. Now I really would like to know what size speakers to get and how many watts the head unit puts out.
When I have more time I will try to find out some solid info, but it seems like it would bet he same as the 2013 Impreza, which may be more readily available online.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Thanks for reminding me about this. I just went out and turned it to Through Mode, Loudness On and I think it does definitely sound better. This is a good find.
How did you get to the Through Mode, I attempted to follow the directions but it never seemed to work. I had no problem getting the loudness, and EQ settings, just not Through Mode.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
X-tophe said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Thanks for reminding me about this. I just went out and turned it to Through Mode, Loudness On and I think it does definitely sound better. This is a good find.
How did you get to the Through Mode, I attempted to follow the directions but it never seemed to work. I had no problem getting the loudness, and EQ settings, just not Through Mode.

Thanks for the help.
If I remember correctly, I just had to have the key on ACC to give battery power to everything, but turned the head unit power OFF. Then I just followed his steps of pressing 1, 4, then twisting the TUNE knob to the right.

If you're still having issues post up and I will check mine out again this weekend.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, I finally got around to doing this. I'd fiddle with the loudness button a bit already, but today I switched to "Through Mode".
It makes everything sound a lot more natural. Major improvement.
Not sure what I'll do with Loud. Might leave it on with the bass control on 3 or switch it off with bass up to 6. I like the bottom end punch having it on gives, but I'm not too crazy about the lack of body it seems to create.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sancho said:
Wow, I finally got around to doing this. I'd fiddle with the loudness button a bit already, but today I switched to "Through Mode".
It makes everything sound a lot more natural. Major improvement.
Not sure what I'll do with Loud. Might leave it on with the bass control on 3 or switch it off with bass up to 6. I like the bottom end punch having it on gives, but I'm not too crazy about the lack of body it seems to create.
I've stuck to through mode; I keep going back and forth with the loud. It's easy enough to change at least.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Maybe dumb question, but I was not able to find any information in that thread about altering this setting in the 2013 HD radio with nav unit...as I have no buttons underneath the display, I can't access it. Would love to fix the mushy audio I currently have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anyone know how to get to Through Mode on the 4.3" non-nav screen. I can get to EQ and Loudness but not Through Mode...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts