Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know when you have to make a choice between Bad, bad and unknown? To avoid a head on with a plow truck or a rear ender by a delivery van I figured I'd take the snowbank and slide into the driveway I was headed for and be a little frustrated by the circumstances thrown my way but I'd get over it. Unfortunately the snowbank was hiding a broken curb :eek: BAM No real damage but there's an ugly little triangle torn out of the tire sidewall and the wheel took a hit and needs to be refinished.

I stopped at my local tire shop to have them verify the tire damage was not something that needed to be replaced and they rotated the tires for free so the "bad" one is now on the back. I guess at 11k miles they needed to be rotated anyway ::)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bummer. That first ding is always painful. At least it was relatively minor.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ouch!!! Sorry to hear it. Best get the alignment checked and front end parts for damage. You never know...

Not sure how hard you hit, just leaning toward cautious and being proactive

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Had a Volvo come into the shop after hitting a driveway. Just looked like a little ding ... then we found the cross member was bent all to hell. Basically totaled the car! Hope that's not your fate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.