Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our fellow member Chasem did an awesome and very detailed comparison of the Weathertech liners and the Subaru All-weather mats; but I couldn’t find one comparing the Subaru All-weather mats with Husky WeatherBeaters that retail for $50-$70 less than the Weathertech’s Liners. After receiving and conducting the initial inspection on the Husky WeatherBeaters I notice that they use grip thorns like the Subaru All-weather Mats to help maintain the mats in place in comparison to the Weathertech’s that are flat, they are a perfect fit and they provide completed coverage to the dead /rest pedal also, the liner fit the hump on the backseat like a glove with no issues. Both the Weathertech and WeatherBeaters give the user the option on their instructions to either lift or cut/trim the area that cover the fuel door release lever which I plan to leave as it is on my XV. I went with the Husky WeatherBeaters for the price and I'm satisfied with my purchase and I have enclosed some pics which are not the best below:

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: Husky Weather Beater liners compared to Subaru all-weather

Make sure to trim the grip thorns under the gas flap; I hear those do not feel so great when you lift the mats to open the gas cover.

Only seeing one picture, by the way. Not sure how many you meant to include.

Edit: you edited as I posted :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Husky Weather Beater liners comparison and comments

I will definitively cut(nail clipper) those thorns out this weekend since I got a taste of them while putting them on!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

They look like they fit great, thanks for sharing this.

Someone mentioned in another thread that they prefer the feel of the rubber mats to the WeatherTech /Husky mats more plastic feel. Would it be possible to put the all weather mats in these or would it cause your foot to sit too high on the pedals?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
500 Posts

I think putting any more than one set of mats in is a bad idea as there would be an increased chance for mats to slide around where they shouldn't be. I just don't like the thought of that around the pedals.

That said, I know I've seen either on this forum or another I frequent where someone did just that. They managed to hook the Subaru mats on the pegs under the driver seat while on top of the Huskies or WTs - whichever they had. I think they had to rig some small-diameter pvc pipe over the pegs to be able to catch both mats.

·
Registered
800 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to do the comparison and take pics for us javyher. We are certainly accumulating a wealth of information on this forum!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Chris, the OEM liners don't cover enough area and if u have kids or conduct outdoor activities the Husky or Weathertechs are highly recommend.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks for the information and photos. I had just read the posts on the Weathertechs and yours provides another option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts