Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My ride is in the shop and while it's there the dealership gave me a '15 to drive around in. They redid the center stack quite a bit and now have different vents, HVAC controls have been revised a little and they have the nav head unit standard with backup camera. While I'm not wild with the new head unit, the one thing I noticed is the center stack has a better 'feel' than my car.

I had an idea and wondered if any of you have or would be willing to try something... I thought about pulling my center dash stack out and removing all the pieces from the back side of the bezel and spray coating the entire back with plasti-dip in hopes that the rubberized coating would be a buffer between the bezel plastic and the pieces that attach to it. I think it might cut down on all the crackling and flexing sounds it makes on hotter days or when the thing contracts with the ac on. Wondered if anyone has any other solutions for this annoyance or am I the only one? :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have not experienced this at all. While removing the center dash, you may find that it was loose or perhaps just needs adjustment. Hope you get it figured out; something like that would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd worry about tearing apart the stack then trying to reassemble without causing more creaks and rattles. Things never go back together the way they came apart. Just my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts