Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hybrids are confusing and I was hoping to get your take on the Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid vs Gas versions for specifically OFF-ROAD capabilities. Would the hybrid version of the XV Crosstrek be less capable off-road due to the electric motor compared to the gas version:confused:

Thanks for your time :)

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Honestly, I've driven the Subaru XV Hybrid, but not off-road. I'm sorry I can't quite give firsthand feedback. I also recall that despite the numbers not being different for the approach angle, the hybrid does have an additional front lip on the front bumper to improve MPG via reduction of aerodynamic drag at the underbody.

However, I too would believe the electric motor on the gasoline-electric hybrid system would assist in off-road performance.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I agree with AWDfreak. While I haven't taken one off road, I'd imagine that the "instant torque" characteristics of electric motors would be an asset Off Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
I drove a Toyota hybrid C-HR in Europe hated it.
And yes it used no gas, went great in a straight line, but that weight was felt everywhere. Like the thing was armoured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts