Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh-oh. After backing out of my driveway yesterday, the hybrid warning light came on. It said to turn engine off and restart. After that the light went away and I drove my regular 25 mi commute. This morning it happened again. Ambient temp is around 55F. The car has 56000 miles. I've heard that sometimes this light says to contact the dealer immediately, so I guess it has a way of judging the severity. I wish I had some way to diagnose this because it will be a while before I can get to a dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
take out yuor cell phone and either video the or take .. of it on to show your dealer. just to prove to the dealer it was on. j.i.c. it doesn't come on when you bring it in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well it got worse to the point where the light is on consistently. Turns out the ISG failed. I'm surprised because I thought this part is supposed to last longer than a regular alternator.

The next oddity is the dashboard dimmer is messed up. When I turn the headlights off, I think the dashboard should dim to full bright. Instead, it stays dimmed to night mode, the same as when the headlights are on. So I have to dim it up with the roller switch every time.
I think this behavior started at the same time as the hybrid light, but I'm not positive. I wonder if low voltage from the ISG damaged the computer somehow.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Well it got worse to the point where the light is on consistently. Turns out the ISG failed. I'm surprised because I thought this part is supposed to last longer than a regular alternator.

The next oddity is the dashboard dimmer is messed up. When I turn the headlights off, I think the dashboard should dim to full bright. Instead, it stays dimmed to night mode, the same as when the headlights are on. So I have to dim it up with the roller switch every time.
I think this behavior started at the same time as the hybrid light, but I'm not positive. I wonder if low voltage from the ISG damaged the computer somehow.
Sounds possible with today's plentifully-integrated electronics and modules on modern automobiles.

I hope you can get all of this sorted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts