Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was putting on some brand new Perrin pulleys and noticed that the idler pulley next to the alternator has a decent amount of play in it, about a 1-1.5 millimeters. Subaru dealer told me it's normal but I find that hard to believe. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
1-1.5 mm? That does seem like a lot of play for something that's part of the serpentine belt system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I thought. You can actually see the pulley wobble while the engine is running.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah that's what I thought. You can actually see the pulley wobble while the engine is running.

You say you can see the pulley wobble?That's not right.Tell the dealer he's nuts to think it's normal.Go to the parts dept and ask to see a new idler pulley and you will see very little if any play at all.if they don't have one in stock then have the salesman start a new car for you and look at that idler pulley and you will see no wobbling while it's running.If it's got that much play then it won't be long before you will throw and possibly damage your belt which could leave you stranded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts