Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
A genuine successor to the BRAT/Brumby sounds like a totally-freakin'-AWESOME idea and if it does go into production, it may have me re-thinking my car purchase plans!

Though another idea I want is for Subaru to make a large mid-size or full-size unibody pickup (perhaps based off of the Tribeca)... Kinda like the Honda Ridgeline. It would imitate the heavy-duty nature of the Ridgeline (such as standard heavy-duty transmission cooler and power steering cooler) but addressing the Honda Ridgeline's weaknesses.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Would love to see it on the lot and at least have the option to buy....

·
Registered
567 Posts
I buy that! It's awesome! Perfect look for mt biking.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yup. Looks like the Brat. It needs two more doors

·
Registered
113 Posts
AWDfreak said:
A genuine successor to the BRAT/Brumby sounds like a totally-freakin'-AWESOME idea and if it does go into production, it may have me re-thinking my car purchase plans!

Though another idea I want is for Subaru to make a large mid-size or full-size unibody pickup (perhaps based off of the Tribeca)... Kinda like the Honda Ridgeline. It would imitate the heavy-duty nature of the Ridgeline (such as standard heavy-duty transmission cooler and power steering cooler) but addressing the Honda Ridgeline's weaknesses.
OHHHH you mean like the fact its a HONDA LOL! That and it drinks gas like a fish oh and they suck did I mention that I totally hate it.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
suuichi said:
AWDfreak said:

OHHHH you mean like the fact its a HONDA LOL! That and it drinks gas like a fish oh and they suck did I mention that I totally hate it.
I think the hatred towards the Honda Ridgeline is totally unfair and is often compared to vehicles it shouldn't be competing against.

It was designed for urban sprawlers who want the convenience of a truck without the truck-like handling and ride (doesn't that formula sound even a bit familiar?). Vehicles of this weight class don't usually have the greatest MPG so the bad MPG is expected.

My family has one, and it's been nothing but great to us. I genuinely believe this is the truck for most American families living in or near urban areas who have no need for huge towing capacity of full-size trucks (such as the Silverado, Ram, and F-150).

Sure, it's not a full-frame vehicle, but I applaud Honda for trying something so unconventional and well-engineered for its intended purpose (NOT to replace a genuine truck, and jeez, doesn't that one sound familiar too?). I mean, it's a combined ladder-frame/unibody hybrid design!
It's even got an electronic manually-activated LSD/locker standard just in case one gets stuck.

I understand that most people who love genuine truck-framed vehicles loathe the Ridgeline, however, I feel that credit is due where it is deserved. The Honda Ridgeline is NOT a replacement for a full-size truck, rather, a very cleverly-thought out, well-engineered vehicle for those who need a bed, without the need for the overkill capabilities of a full-size truck.

It's perfect for the average American who doesn't need a 7000lbs+ towing capacity or ridiculous 1500 lbs payload.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts