Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, ClubCrosstrek...just sayn HI from Chico, CA !...grabbed my SQUASH endo March...got lost on another site...guess I wasn't from Down Under 'nuff to fit in, but...WTF...we're all dialed in on a great new product o' transportation and that's all that matters, rite ?!! ;-}

Break the ice a lil' w/these ! More l8r, K ?!! C'ya in a bit... 8)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

BTW all.... he's is from Calif...... 2 plates are REQUIRED by law.... he can still lose the plate bracket, but still needs to sport the front plate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got that front lic/frame for a lil' buffer protection (heck, that's what it's made for !)...already had a gal back in2 me ! Who wants to order some big hangn aftermrkt brush-guard...next...!

Comes from a company called C&C CarWorx...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx ye ol' Administrator !
Waitn' (ugh !) for Rally Armor to get their a** in gear and roll out those mud-flaps we've all been harpn' 'bout for the past 4-5 months ! That's one o' the mods I've been hangn around for ! Also, Hoen (Headlamps) makes some great Hi/Lo beam bulb replacements...and...gonna chk out the 'stock' Sub/Bike-Rack assembly and see how it matches up to Thule, Yak, etc...I already dumped that 'Crummy Chromy' Cadillac-front grille they gave us...didn't wanna hassle plasti-dippn all that stuff just to have it stoned, bugged & beat to death from all the N/Cal to OR drivn I do...AND IT WILL !

Other than that, havn a blast just gettn killer mileage w/my good ol' CVT in charge...was a stout 'manual' guy mosta my life but came to realize that technology certainly has come home as far as how the alignment of gear & motor have been matched & balanced...take a look at this avg/mpg pic from my last 352miler from Bend, OR to Chico, CA cupl days ago...cruze-control set for 63mph and never changed it...lotta up n down thru Mt. Shasta but...let the CVT do its thing...amazing...!
Take care...
-s

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome Steeba! It does seem that "other" crosstrek forum out there is more geared towards an australian audience. Plenty of people from the states over here though!

Thats one good looking orange XV you have!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sheeba,

I like the license plate mount. Question: is it hard plastic or does it have some give?

BTW, 41mpg is ridiculous. Very nice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wilco1973 said:
Sheeba,

I like the license plate mount. Question: is it hard plastic or does it have some give?

BTW, 41mpg is ridiculous. Very nice.
Wil, the lic/frame is a lil' on the poly-side...not too hard, not too soft. It kinda gives along with that whole front bumper assembly...fits all the contours like a glove, as well !
www.mycarworx.com

And...41.1avg/mpg is nice...surprised the heck outa me !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts