Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a set of seat covers for the wife's Crosstrek. It's an Ivory Cloth interior so we went with tan colored seat covers to best try to match.

The tan is pretty darn close and I'm super happy with them. I have a set on my Tacoma and they're worth every penny in my opinion.
We pulled the plastic snaps that attach the seatback protectors to the seats and just have them held on with the bungee over the head rests.

The seat cover install was SUPER easy. Took us ~10 minutes total.
Also I was able to put the shower cap onto the sliding armrest with no issues without losing the ability to slide.

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Are these seat covers straight up waterproof or are they breathable yet waterproof?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I want to try to get the bottoms to be tan and get the insert to be blue. I know that on their website they say no custom colors on bottom, what do you think the chances of getting them to change their minds on this is?

·
Registered
6 Posts
do they work well with the side airbags? i was told that i could not get normal seat covers since the airbags are in the front seats

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do they work well with the side airbags? i was told that i could not get normal seat covers since the airbags are in the front seats
I haven't been in a wreck in any vehicle where the airbags have deployed so I can't really comment on that in particular.

I do know that these seat covers were designed to work with and NOT to interfere with the functionality of seat airbags. It's one of the main reasons why I went this route on both my Wife's Crosstrek and my Tacoma as they both have this safety feature.

Let me know if you're still fuzzy on this and I'll take some more close up photos of the seat covers to show you what I mean.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We would like to add a few images of the triple black covers we recently installed into Sigourney.

For those of you interested, the rear seat upper covers will require you to remove the plastic push tabs holding the OEM fabric into the trunk.

The front seat covers are precise with perfect figment. Instead of the cellphone pocket I would recommend the CCA pouch, the cell pocket is too small to utilize it properly. Our 5S barely fits with anything wider rubbing the bottom of your thigh.

The center console cap is sloppy with poor fitment, the care was not paid attention to the pattern.

The rear seat covers are disappointing. The uppers do not align well, especially on the child hooks openings. The center hole is off at least an inch. If we center the hole then the 60/split is pulled way over the corner.

The base seat cover is a better fit but a really poor cut once again with the center section. I understand the center lower portion is awkward, but the fitment again is very disappointing.

The rear headrest covers are also poor and sloppy. The limited attention to rear seat covers is evident. We will arrive to the SD area in April and I plan to make a drive to their WO office.

At $700+ I expected the proper front fitment all the way around.

As others have noted, the covers are NOT compatible with the factory Subaru Rear Seat Protectors. I opted to pierce a hole through the cover to utilize the rear seat back protectors. The OEM plastic push tabs are just long enough to grab but I will replace them with a lengthier tab when we are stateside.

We do like the additional padding sewn into the covers and we love the airbag lumbar support system. The OEM Style front seat pockets look clean, it would be nice of WO to actually include the rear seat lower pocket options, I asked, I offered to pay additional, and Nohemi quickly said No, they will not do it.

Final thoughts, the covers are worth the wet weather protection, I just need them to figure out what went wrong with our complete rear seat covers and center console.

Daniel

·
Registered
225 Posts
For $700, I would get some feedback from some private shops, as to what they would charge. I also don't know anything about installing, and don't know that I care to be bothered doing it. It seems like it could be really frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which Wet Okole back seat covers did you get? My XV is a 40/60 split but the closest two options I see on the website are a bench seat or a 60/40 split seat (split on the wrong side).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Which Wet Okole back seat covers did you get? My XV is a 40/60 split but the closest two options I see on the website are a bench seat or a 60/40 split seat (split on the wrong side).

Good day CNMNE,

We ordered the 60/40 split cover for the rear seat of our XV. I did not even look at their diagram, I called Noemi at Wet Okole to place our order. The only rear seat option I recall is the armrest cut out. Good luck with the order and I hope your rear covers fit better than ours.

Daniel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe have upgraded to leather? I don’t do anything to my interior that gives it excess wear and tear. I’m in my car 99% by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't been in a wreck in any vehicle where the airbags have deployed so I can't really comment on that in particular.

I do know that these seat covers were designed to work with and NOT to interfere with the functionality of seat airbags. It's one of the main reasons why I went this route on both my Wife's Crosstrek and my Tacoma as they both have this safety feature.

Let me know if you're still fuzzy on this and I'll take some more close up photos of the seat covers to show you what I mean.
They are designed to work with side airbags, provided you let them know you have then when ordering. I had them in my 2015 crosstrek (loved them)

I just ordered them for my 2018 Crosstrek Premium

1 - 20 of 34 Posts