Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I found a thread from 2014 but not sure it really pertains to my question since I have the cloth seats (2020 with orange stitch) and not leather seats. My questions is what to use to clean the dash area? Is it leather? Also, the rest of the interier - plastic. I read Aerospace 303 was good for leather seats, again, which I do not have. Any suggestions, please?

·
Registered
367 Posts
That 303 stuff looks amazing!

Currently I’ve been using the lexol leather cleaner on a damp micro fibre cloth. Followed by a good damp micro fibre rinse wiping.

Lexol is ph neutral and gives a nice factory mat finish when dry so it might be also good for fake leather.
303 sounds really good for trim and rubber though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dash is not real leather, so no need to use leather cleaning and conditioning products. In my opinion, the best thing to clean the plastic dash with is a damp cloth. I have seen too many dashboards dried/cracked before their time by people who religiously used armorall and other specialty cleaners. I have cleaned my dashboards with a cloth dampened with water on the 12 cars I have owned over the past 28 years. I had several of those cars in excess of 15 years and have never had any issue with my dashboard covers shrinking or cracking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Call me "old school" but I agree with this. A damp cloth is the best way to clean the dash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If parking in the sunshine alot, a cleaner with uv protection can prevent dash cracks down the road.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts