Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a safe in their Crosstrek? I am coming from a large SUV, and it was easy to find a "secret spot"... In the XV, not so much...

Ideas???

RR

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm hoping for a nice solid under the seat mounted one to come out. Something that's actually safe and durable, not cheap key locked crap. I need somewhere to keep my ccw occasionally.

·
Registered
714 Posts
All I need is a small safe for a small handgun but it is pretty tight under there. I haven't measured it out or anything though. I'm not really sure where else you could keep a small safe bolted into the vehicle.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'd love to hear what you guys find. I'd just need a small one as well. I haven't really started looking yet either.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking about one for the center console but its too small to hold a firearm anyway

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah, not enough space in there for much. The other factor I consider is access. Don't want it to a a total PITA to get to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no PITA may leave the glovebox as the only remaining solution...not my first choice, but may be the only one left that makes sense...

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you're using that for a ccw remember that in some states the person in the front passenger seat is "in control of the glovebox" and and they can be responsible for a firearm stored there. So if they are not licensed that could end up pretty ugly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thats true thanks for the heads up.. I will be covered in my home state but possibly not in neighboring "friendly" ones...

I guess this means I have to get serious about finding an acceptable bolt down area inside the vehicle..

RR

·
Registered
500 Posts
Would locking the glove box negate that caveat, or would it still pretty much be proximity-based?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here in OK it only takes one person in the vehicle with a CCL to cover everyone else in the vehicle (except for felons, of course)...I'm wondering if the proximity issue would come into play in those unfriendly states when we are just passing thru...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Here is CO it's a proximity issue. Whoever has the firearm within reach is the responsible party for the firearm. Locking the glovebox may protect you but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
500 Posts
ahhh I never would have thought about that. In Kentucky a firearm can be concealed in any factory-made container in the vehicle without requiring a permit. I know it's not the same everywhere, but it would have never crossed my mind that proximity played a role

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah, it interesting how many variables there are state to state. I'd assume that there would be some leeway with that if you traveled from another state with different laws but who knows!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Subir_roo said:
Yeah, it interesting how many variables there are state to state. I'd assume that there would be some leeway with that if you traveled from another state with different laws but who knows!
I want to move out of California... such a beautiful state yet such restrictive laws :-\

·
Registered
113 Posts
why not bolt on a holster next to the steering wheel you never know when you need to quick draw it I had a buddy do it in his truck for his glock. Oh and when I say next to the steering wheel i mean on the plastic covering behind the steering wheel

1 - 20 of 37 Posts