Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
suuichi said:
why not bolt on a holster next to the steering wheel you never know when you need to quick draw it I had a buddy do it in his truck for his glock. Oh and when I say next to the steering wheel i mean on the plastic covering behind the steering wheel
yeah that works while you are driving but not when you have to leave the vehicle with the weapon inside (think prohibited places like courthouses, schools, etc)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Exactly. Trust me, it's accessible when I'm driving. The issue is storage when not in the car if I can't carry into the building or place I'm headed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So this is where I ended up putting it. It is behind the drivers seat mounted vertically below the left rear passenger seat. Not the solution that I had hoped for, but it stays fairly hidden as I keep my rear seats mostly in the down position, and the dark colors work. I hit metal fairly quickly, unlike under the drivers seat where I would have had to go thru foam and air (about 1/4") to hit metal.

RR

Sorry for the multiple pics its just how the app took it

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Definitely keep us posted on how it works. I just got my ccw permit after waiting for the judge to approve it. NY and it's stupid laws, every county is different and NY does not recognize permits from any other state. I'm glad I got my original permit when i did. I knew the Sheriff and got it early!

·
Registered
95 Posts
suuichi said:
why not bolt on a holster next to the steering wheel you never know when you need to quick draw it I had a buddy do it in his truck for his glock. Oh and when I say next to the steering wheel i mean on the plastic covering behind the steering wheel
LOL, I'm thinking of maybe gutting the fog lights and putting two electronic 50 caliber machine guns in, using the paddles as butterfly triggers. Just have to make room under the hood for the ammo boxes. ;D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Crikey... what sort of safety environment do you guys live in? You discuss the use of firearms like we discuss iPods. Do you actually need to carry when out and about? I'm not criticising because it's not my place, not living there, but I'm glad that we don't even think about firearms here. They just don't even enter our thoughts in Oz. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Omaroo said:
Crikey... what sort of safety environment do you guys live in? You discuss the use of firearms like we discuss iPods. Do you actually need to carry when out and about? I'm not criticising because it's not my place, not living there, but I'm glad that we don't even think about firearms here. They just don't even enter our thoughts in Oz. :(
Hi Omaroo,

I, like a lot of Americans that carry, due so because we have the right to. It was a right given by the founding fathers of our nation and I feel it is important to use our rights. If you don't use and exercise your rights, they are easier to be taken. Hope I didn't come across too preachy.

Scott

·
Registered
500 Posts
Basically what Scott said. It's not that we need them all the time, it's that we want them around in case we should need them.

No, not everyone carries them and those that do don't create an 'old west' environment where you see everyone with a gun on their hip and everyone flaunting it to enforce their way. It's just for personal protection should the need arise.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wow... CCWs/permits, "proximity to responsible party", special boxes with locks.. what the heck?

Here... we don't need any of that. Want to carry... strap it on and go! Concealed or not.

Hehehe... long live that Old West Pioneering spirit!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Omaroo said:
I don't think that it's about the environment being safe, it's about being able to provide protection if needed. That and I tend to make large bank deposits and walk to the bank so I feel safer if I can carry. I've been through personal safety courses (you have to in NY) and actually look forward to the next level up. They are actually very sobering courses and teach you a lot about yourself as well as firearms.

My uncle lives in OZ. We went down for his wedding, to bad we only had 5 days!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey folks, I just found a safe just like the one in the pics at Academy Sports on clearance for $4.98 plus tax. Dirt cheap/Smoking deal. It is made by "Game Winner" which is Academy's brand and comes with a steel cable. I would really like to mount it recessed in the rear hatch like they have the first aid kit on the Nissan Xterra. I aint cutting up my XV interior though. Just thought I'd share the cheap deal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here in Delaware its legal to open carry without a permit. My next task was to see where i can mount a holster in the vehicle that wont get in the way while im driving. I was thinking on the side of the center console on the passenger side. Not sure tho.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Back to the original thread and not pro or anti guns..... I am thinkinh of building a safe to go inside the center console. It would only fit sub compact guns though. I just haven't taken time to set a day to make one.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Rmaligie said:
Back to the original thread and not pro or anti guns..... I am thinkinh of building a safe to go inside the center console. It would only fit sub compact guns though. I just haven't taken time to set a day to make one.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Let me know what you come up with as that would be the best place for sure

21 - 37 of 37 Posts