Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So other than the OEM netting what other types of storage are you guys using in you Crosstreks? I'm wanting some storage capabilities like for tools and such and was wanting some ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Xtrekr said:
I like those. I was thinking of getting something like a toolbox but was worried it would just kill all of my cargo space. But with something like that I could use it when I needed it and fold it up when I don't. Pretty smart.

Do you know anything about that website? Is it trustworthy?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't know anything about the website, but the dealerships have them too.... at least here they do.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use a little milk-crate in the back. It is enough to carry what I need and light and easy enough to remove when I need the space.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Both sides of my netting in the cargo area are generally crammed with this and that! I use them for just about everything that I don't want moving around. Currently, from memory, I know I have a set of binoculars, a hand crank charger for my cell phone, some orange twine, a hatchet, and a set of cheap gloves....I know I'm forgetting something! :eek:

·
Registered
421 Posts
RubySu said:
Both sides of my netting in the cargo area are generally crammed with this and that! I use them for just about everything that I don't want moving around. Currently, from memory, I know I have a set of binoculars, a hand crank charger for my cell phone, some orange twine, a hatchet, and a set of cheap gloves....I know I'm forgetting something! :eek:
Ummm. Hatchet, twine, binoculars, and gloves. Isn't that the advanced stalker kit?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ikon said:
RubySu said:
Ummm. Hatchet, twine, binoculars, and gloves. Isn't that the advanced stalker kit?
Yes in fact! You caught me Ikon, i was hoping to sneak up on ya! :D
Actually, items were remnants of what I used to mark where my cabin was going to face. Twine was orange to wrap around marking stake. Gloves, 27 degrees that day. Binoculars to look out across mountains, at game. Hatchet- make fire! I guess these items could be misconstrued-if you were predisposed to thinking that way?! Lol!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Right now I just have an old north face day pack from the 90s that I use as a bug out bag tossed on my trunk. Im thinking of hooking it onto the back of the seat so it takes up less space.

I did just throw 15 bags of mulch in the trunk without putting the seat down this weekend, so I don't know that I am very concerned about needing more storage space!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got the Thule-labeled version of the Subaru rectangle that Xtrekr posted. Works really well, and as you can see in the photos Xtrekr posted, it gets out of the way pretty easily too.

If you are hauling/storing, you might check out something like the Kelty Camp Hauler/Binto Hauler. I've got some of these too, and they are really handy for packing away blankets/stuff for 'winter car survival'...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I always kept flashlight, jumper cables and tire gauge. My previous cars always had storage for these underneath the trunk. Now all I can store is the tire gauge and it is with the spare tire. So I was thinking one of those net/mesh because I would like to keep it permanently in the cargo area, not in a removable storage like the ones previously mentioned. Murphy's law says your milk crate will be left in the garage just when you need these items.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Subaru bags look OK, but you can get an inexpensive tool bag anywhere and it will hold just as much. Also the side cargo nets are a good investment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts