Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum! New Crosstrek owner and love the car but every time I plug my iPhone in after I get out of the car the music won't play and when I press play on the iPhone it goes directly to pause. It seems the only way to get the music to pay is restart the iPhone. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome!!!

Just so we understand correctly.... You are in your car, listening to music with your iPhone PLUGGED into the USB in the center console.

When you unplug your iPhone and plug it in elsewhere your iphone is locked up on the pause screen?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much except I don't have to plug it in anywhere else. I simply park and shut off the car and when I get back in and go to my iPhone music the music is on pause. I click the play button hear a 1/4 second of music and it automatically pauses again no matter how many times I press play. I have the iPhone 5 with the latest update and the car is paired with my wife's iPhone as well.

·
Registered
927 Posts
So you are leaving your iphone connected to the USB in the car.... Then, without pausing the music, you are shutting off the car. I am thinking the iphone gets confused.

Think about it... you are connected and playing via USB and controlled via the HU.... once you shut off the car, the control and connection is gone, but the iphone still wants to play and goes into automatic pause ( because it lost it's connection )

As yo try to start your car...it will try to gain connection and play and I don't think it can accomplish both.

Try pausing your music prior to shutting off the car..... then see if it reconnects when you turn the car back on and hit play.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Try to kill the app after you remove the iphone from the car.... double click the home button and kill the music app from the multitask bar. (Press and hold the app in the multitask bar until they shake... kill it.. then hit home button )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help. I did the music pause before disconnecting and it did it again. However, I finally found what appears to be a glitch. I plugged the iPhone into a standard card charger in the front charger not in the USB port in the center console and the BT was fine and no more music pausing issue. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
See.... I have an iPod in the console via USB (always in there )... so I usually don't use my iPhone for playing music when I drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a crosstrek and I find this behavior extremely annoying. I'll connect my phone to bluetooth because I want to accept calls if they come in, but I far and away prefer listening to my music over a usb cable connected to my iphone (the hard wired connection will make more of a difference once the speakers are upgraded). However music will not play through the usb connection if bluetooth is connected which I find extremely odd and frustrating. This was definitely not a problem on my last car which had a Kenwood head unit installed. I wonder if there's a fix for this.

·
Registered
130 Posts
snomad said:
I recently purchased a crosstrek and I find this behavior extremely annoying. I'll connect my phone to bluetooth because I want to accept calls if they come in, but I far and away prefer listening to my music over a usb cable connected to my iphone (the hard wired connection will make more of a difference once the speakers are upgraded). However music will not play through the usb connection if bluetooth is connected which I find extremely odd and frustrating. This was definitely not a problem on my last car which had a Kenwood head unit installed. I wonder if there's a fix for this.
I agree 100%

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Does your music app let you select whether you want to stream via Bluetooth or not? I just thought of this, but I feel like my app (Google Play Music) has the option to turn off Bluetooth streaming. I haven't tried it yet, but I would guess that means that the phone itself is still connected via Bluetooth for calls, etc., but the music app won't try to output via Bluetooth.

I'll try it soon and report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Does your music app let you select whether you want to stream via Bluetooth or not? I just thought of this, but I feel like my app (Google Play Music) has the option to turn off Bluetooth streaming. I haven't tried it yet, but I would guess that means that the phone itself is still connected via Bluetooth for calls, etc., but the music app won't try to output via Bluetooth.
Setting the output or airplay icon to use 'dock connector' instead of 'bluetooth' still results in the same issue. On apps that do allow you to switch the output, the airplay/output icon is grayed out (at least this was true inside of Songza). If I double-tap the home button to bring up the menu bar and swipe right you can select the dock connector, but there's still no sound when the head unit is in USB mode.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.