Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm a newbie, i have 2020 crosstrek and I just have a question about when I change the tire
Hopefully I want to change my tire to A/T tire, then is it necessary to lift up the suspension or not?
If it is possible to change without lifted, can you recommend what sizes A/T tires can I get? Or brand, name etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
No it is not nessacary to lift your suspension. I put 215/75 R15 on my 2018, however in order to put to go to a R15 I had to get specialty rims...most 15 inch rims will not fit. I used Method 501 Vspec Rally Rims - reasonably priced, 172 USD at the time, and used BF Goodrich t/a KO2 tires. There is also an option to do 235/75 R15, this is an option that might require you to lift your suspension...but even lifted you have to trim back the wheel wells as well. But if you just want to put a all terrain tire on I know there is a BF Goodrich KO2 set of tires that come in R17 size that work. It will obviously depend on the trim level you have. The crosstrek comes with 3 different rims sizes 16, 17, and 18 inch rims, so if you have a 18 or 16 inch rim you will have to buy the corresponding rim size.

Having said that on my 2021 crosstrek I did get a lift kit and the tire options did not really change, but I just used the same 15 inch rims and tires that I used on my 2018. Tirerack.com is a good resource to find some sizes that fit, although they can be tricky as they tend to classify your crosstrek as a car not a truck and hence suggest passenger tires rather then light truck tires - which if your want all terrain you are looking at light truck. But it should give you the sizes and then you can look to see what light truck tires come in the those sizes. You could obviously try the dealership or a tire store you trust if you have one they generally know the sizes and options that work. If you really want to try some modifications check out lp adventures they do all sorts of crosstrek modifications including lift kits. They also have a ton of options for rims and tires.

Hope this helped, my wife and I have had 4 crostreks between us - 2016,2018,2020,2021, she has used the stock tires and I have always upgraded mine...neither of us has had any issues. And even with the KO2 I still get pretty much the same fuel economy as with my wife's stock tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts