Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the navigation in my 2017 Subaru Crosstrek... I see the Starlink app with the weather and I heart radio but nothing about maps.. I've installed the magellan app but Its also not downloading the update (but idk if that's even the right app)... I find no way to add apps to the Starlink app . I've seen videos and read the manual but it says press the maps in button which I don't have. Pandora and other apps work fine. It would be very strange if it has all these apps but no navigation... I'm sure I'm just doing something Wrong... Plz help thank you...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Navigation is not built in on all models. You'll need to plug the USB cable from your phone into the center console port, then start Android Auto or Apple CarPlay (depending on your type of phone). Your phone's navigation will be displayed on the Starlink screen. To my knowledge, it does not work via bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This did not work. Is there something I'm supposed to do. I installed Android auto. In Android auto it won't let me select a car in the "select a car section". I'm not sure how to get Android auto or the maps app into Starlink.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Navigation is not built in on all models. You'll need to plug the USB cable from your phone into the center console port, then start Android Auto or Apple CarPlay (depending on your type of phone). Your phone's navigation will be displayed on the Starlink screen. To my knowledge, it does not work via bluetooth connection.
It says my car has navigation in the "info" section of the car. I just can't get the apps in Starlink and I'm not computer illiterate either...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Which trim level crosstrek do you have?

Android Auto/CarPlay isn't mentioned in the 2017 Manual. Sorry about that, I didnt realize that was a new feature for 2018.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the info section it does mention navigation. I think it would work if either I can add an app to Starlink or get Android auto to recognize my car

It says my car has navigation in the "info" section of the car. I just can't get the apps in Starlink and I'm not computer illiterate either...[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well according to several online sources, navigation is only available on Limited trim levels.

Maybe someone else will have better news for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts