Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! I'm new to the forum, not new to Subaru. I've owned 2 Outbacks (2005 + 2014), which had really nice seat electric adjustment features that I'm really missing in my 2017 Crosstrek.

I enjoy almost all aspects of this car except for the seating situation: I'm pretty tall, and my legs are pretty long, so the seat needs to be far back and down low.

What I really enjoyed about the 2014 OB was I could increase the front-seat level (bolster?) in the of the driver's seat, so it acted as extra padding; I could bend my legs more, and I didn't have to dodge the B-pillar when I got in and out of the car. Can't do this in the Xtrek.

I'm also a stickler for keeping the cabin as OEM as possible. I finally found a perfect place for my phone after almost 6 mos of repositioning. So, it would be nice if the bolstering looked OEM as well.

My question: Have you seen or done any lower-leg bolstering that looks OEM?

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Honestly, your best bet would be to seat swap. I have not heard of anyone modifying their OE seat.

For your 2017 Crosstrek, the following should have the same hardware and mounting points:

2015-2019 WRX/WRX STI
2012-2016 Impreza
2014-2018 Forester

·
Registered
11 Posts
The crosstrek is my wife's. I'm 6'5" and I've noticed that same thing, and actually I've noticed this in all subarus. My daughter has a Forester, my son in law a WRX, and all of them have the same problem. And I don't think I should have to swap the seats in order to be comfortable in a brand new car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’m 6 feet and i’m tempted to try a reclining position. The only gotcha is that the steering wheel won’t pull out far enough. I agree these seats are difficult if not impossible to fine tune.
Maybe a memory function would help. Maybe a little more lumbar support? It just often feels like i’m on the seat rather than in it. I’m still hoping that the leather forms a bit more to me. Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts