Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my XV on Tuesday, so I called Allstate to set up my insurance.
When the woman asked me the color of the car, I told her tangerine.

"WHAT? You bought an ORANGE car?"

--"Actually, it's tangerine orange pearl to be exact."

(Laughing hysterically) "TANGERINE? You bought a TANGERINE car? You tell me you're actually gonna drive around on the streets in a TANGERINE car?

--"It's a very sporty looking car."

"I hope it's your wife's car."

--"Well no, it's actually my car."

(Laughing) "Your car? TANGERINE! A grown man is gonna drive around in a TANGERINE car? What color was your other car?"

--"Well all my cars have been silver or gray. I just turned 60 and figured I'd shake things up a bit"

"Shake things up? TANGERINE! Honey you really shook things up a lot!" What color is it inside? GREEN? (LOL)

The conversation went on for another 5 minutes and she couldn't stop laughing.

Now don't get me wrong. She was a very nice person. She just couldn't wrap her head around an orange car.

The first time I saw an ad for the XV, I loved the tangerine. And now after that conversation I love it even more. If a tangerine Subaru can bring a smile or laughter to someone, I consider it a bonus. My silver cars never made anyone laugh.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Once you go orange, you never go back! ;) My last car was "orange blast pearlcoat." So much easier to find in parking lots...

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
prompterbob said:
The first time I saw an ad for the XV, I loved the tangerine. And now after that conversation I love it even more. If a tangerine Subaru can bring a smile or laughter to someone, I consider it a bonus. My silver cars never made anyone laugh.
That's it, I'm set. I want a Tangerine Orange Pearl Subaru XV... just gotta wait!

·
Registered
800 Posts
It sounds like some people just can't get their heads around us Tangerine lovers. I'm glad you are happy with yours bob!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
That's hilarious. I admit, when I first saw pics of the tangerine XV I thought it was way too bright and orange, but the more I see of real buyers', the more I like it. Still not sure if I could pull it off, though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
LOL well the only down fall from having it down the road if for any reason you ever want to sell or trade it in your resale value wont be as much. I call it a fad colour lol. Its popular in our current day and time but down the road not so much! But who knows maybe that will be a popular color the next 100 years.

·
Registered
164 Posts
suuichi said:
LOL well the only down fall from having it down the road if for any reason you ever want to sell or trade it in your resale value wont be as much. I call it a fad colour lol. Its popular in our current day and time but down the road not so much! But who knows maybe that will be a popular color the next 100 years.
That's what the dealer told me as well. I was doubting between black and tangerine. He said "I'm glad you picked black, because it'll be a lot easier for me to offer a good trade in price when you want to change".
I didn't base my decision on that argument, but it is something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
77 Posts
love the orange myself...it brightens up the driveway and actually makes me smile when I see it.
My green Grand Cherokee was sober, classy and boring plus it was hit three times..no one seemed to see it, as big as it was.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sancho said:
suuichi said:
That's what the dealer told me as well. I was doubting between black and tangerine. He said "I'm glad you picked black, because it'll be a lot easier for me to offer a good trade in price when you want to change".
I didn't base my decision on that argument, but it is something to keep in mind.
All the dealers screw us on the trade in's anyway. If I get a good 5-6 years out of this car I won't care. I have 8 on my 2005 Forester and it's still going strong. Of course, Subaru built them a lot better back then IMHO.

·
Registered
820 Posts
And as far as resale goes- you just know there will people out there that will HAVE TO HAVE it in orange and no other color will do! I wouldn't worry about it at all- just enjoy! ;) you have a beautiful car!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Im with you Bob. As far as Im concerned, its a Subaru so I'm going to have it for years to come. By the time I trade it in, Ill probably be getting some small base amount regardless.

Anyhow, its my car. I'm not putting too much thought into what other people might want with it later.

·
Registered
109 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Anyhow, its my car. I'm not putting too much thought into what other people might want with it later.
Totally agree!

I got a good deal on my other orange car for trade-in (and I believe it sold on their used car lot within a week), but then again I do live in an area where we are very fond of the "Syracuse Orange."

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ill have to disagree with your opinion on a good trade in value. I got 7500 on my 08 impreza with 55000 miles on it and damages everywhere including a broken front bumper, broken off sun visor on the driver side alot of paint issues due to it being shipped from hawaii to germany and back. And a few other things. KBB value on it was 7900 I think I got a freaking awesome issue plus not to mention there was a howling noise coming from under the car which i think was a bearing going out on the drive shaft what whatever lol!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes, I'm a middle aged white dude blasting Straight Outta Compton in my tangerine Subaru.

Deal with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Everyone who has seen mine loves the color...as do I. It certainly does get lots of looks out on the highway though...had one guy in an Outback go flying past me, he hit the brakes and dropped back to give me the once-over...then he sped back up and passed me with a thumbs-up. I laughed the rest of the way home... ;D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Had mine 3 days and no one outside family and friends has commented

1 - 17 of 17 Posts