Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Floored my XV, possibly for the first time today. When it got to 4500-5000 it got kinda jerky at WOT, almost like it was loosing power and quickly regaining--like a dirty carb in an old boat motor or something, gives ya a quick kick in the seat. I have no lights on the dash... is this just the CVT moving its chains around or is this weird and it's time to call the dealer?

·
Registered
927 Posts
If you at all varied your throttle at WOT.. The cvt is very quick to react. We're you in auto-mode or paddle mode? I have noticed if you switch from paddle to auto that the cvt acts a little weird under acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have no idea about why that happened- I just want to say HAMMER DOWN BROTHER :D :D !!! By the way, I hit triple digits a few days ago.....silky...... 8)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm afraid to go all out at WOT. I think my XV will have a cow

·
Registered
603 Posts
wow! brave souls you are! I hit 70mph the other day and felt guilty. ha!

·
Registered
421 Posts
avimia said:
wow! brave souls you are! I hit 70mph the other day and felt guilty. ha!
Guilty over speeding? Or guilty over possibly harming the XV?

·
Registered
820 Posts
There is no guilt in speed....only the need 4 ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think the most ive done is 90. felt confident. ive been going for maximum gas mileage lately.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I only hit 100 for a second, just to do it. I don't think it hurts them at all...maybe if it was held for a extended period. I don't think I've ever owned a car that I didn't go 100 in! Good to stretch out the legs. Definitely not good for the mileage!

·
Registered
927 Posts
kyakdvl said:
It was in manual mode. Didn't do it on the way home. Not sure
What gear were you in? I have been to redline in manual mode from 1st to 4th. Don't remember how fast but she got spunk in high Rpms

If you are in too high of a gear in manual mode, you wil feel lag. At 65-70 in manual 6th... Drop to third and run it WOT to just befor redline, shift up and see if it does it. Remember to watch your Rpms and note it if it does it

·
Registered
820 Posts
Xtrekr said:
kyakdvl said:
What gear were you in? I have been to redline in manual mode from 1st to 4th. Don't remember how fast but she got spunk in high Rpms

If you are in too high of a gear in manual mode, you wil feel lag. At 65-70 in manual 6th... Drop to third and run it WOT to just befor redline, shift up and see if it does it. Remember to watch your Rpms and note it if it does it

Sounds like someone's been playing.... ;D

·
Registered
927 Posts
ME? ??? ?? No!!!!! NEVER!!! um..... just checking making sure the gauges work right on the right side of things.... 8)

(PSSST!!! Used to have undercut gears and a bump switch on the scooter that took me to a 14,500 rev limiter... LOVE High R's..nothing like WOT shifts with no clutch.... SMOOOOOOOTH)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hahahahahahaha! ;D cracking me up Bro!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Xtrekr said:
kyakdvl said:

I was in 1, going from a complete stop, when it happened. I did that same thing again later and it didnt. Maybe I'll let her rev a little today and see if it happens again. Suppose it could be sub-par gas. I visited a little ma and pa no name gas station last fill...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yeah. Could be low quality fuel. Good call. Let us know

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Make sure you're running a Top Tier fuel on a regular basis. I personally would recommend avoiding fuels that don't meet the Top Tier certifications.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the throttle is overly sensitive in 1st. I try to get out of it as soon as possible and upshift to 2nd where things are much smoother and predictable. Even the smallest bump causes your foot to bounce and the car reacts quite poorly to that bounce.

I've run this car up to 5k+ a bunch of times passing on back roads. Dropping two or three gears and listening to the motor wind up is quite the pleasurable experience ;D It doesn't have the kick that my Challenger had when I dropped from 5th to 2nd but the growl makes up for it. I know you're all thinking 5>2 is a bad idea but that car would roll out to 90 in 2nd and then it was a good solid tire chirp as I banged 3rd. Just had to learn to trust that Benz tranny and rear end.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts