Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out the original Crosstrek we order back in January JUST came in today! I'm so glad we didn't really wait THAT long! We've had ours since feb 8, only cuz I had called to see when ours would be in & it turned out the color & options we wanted was coming in with a trade they did with a dealer in Omaha...sooo if I hadn't called that day on pure luck we would have been waiting this whole time!

·
Registered
927 Posts
wow.... unreal.... who in their right mind would wait that long? i know I couldn't....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Xtrekr said:
wow.... unreal.... who in their right mind would wait that long? i know I couldn't....
When I was a much younger man, I sold the Mini Cooper when it first came out. I had people waiting 24 months or more. When you want something, you want it bad.

I'm more impatient than that, I need instant gratification...my dealer traded the car for me, I had it in 2 weeks. That was still a long time!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had to wait 3 months and canceled my original order due to the dealer telling me they didn't know where it was after a while. I found it at another dealer and hour away. How does a dealer not know where the product is?

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Wow, for anyone that could wait that long.... That's a true test of patience. I know I would be driven mad waiting that long!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I dont know...I think it I had to wait several months impatience would get the best of me and I'd start looking at other cars...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Funny this should come up. I was just at my dealer the other day and was talking to their lead body shop guy. He spoke emphatically about how incredible the Crosstrek is. And then said he ended buying an Impreza because he couldn't get his hands in a Trek and didn't want to wait 8+ weeks. He Said the same we've all heard... It's that way across the country and its because its fantastic car. the dealers just can't get them in fast enough.

As I see the car getting more and more popular, and with the number of people that have to "order and wait".... I'm thrilled I got mine already and it was on the lot. I was either real lucky with timing (that would be a first), or I happen to get it before this influx of ordering has come about.

Either way... I love my Crosstrek and am thrilled to see Subie hitting it out of the park with this one

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I first stopped into the dealer I didn't even know about the XV. The first cars had just hit the dealer the afternoon before! We test drove one, a 5MT and liked it but I didn't want a MT because of my commute in and out of NYC, been there done that... The only CVT they had was a premium without any of the options I wanted but I could have ordered one right then and had it within two weeks. Instead I waffled for a few days because I was still shopping and there were a few cars I hadn't been in yet. I finally got my order in on September 30th and the car didn't get to the dealer until December 1st. That was painful :mad:

Some of you folks that got lucky and had your cars the same day or within a week are the exceptions. It seems that most people wait anywhere from 6 to as many as 15 or 16 weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts