Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Due to having my VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen with 6-speed manual transmission totaled by mice chewing up all of the wiring, I started looking for a low mileage replacement. Since the small handful of those available were grossly overpriced, I somehow stumbled on the Subaru Crosstrek via my vehicle searches. Prices for used manual shift Crosstrek cars are no better, so I decided to look into a new one. Bottom line, last Friday I ordered one from the Subaru dealership here in town. The problem is that they still haven't opened my order. The sales person told me that some time in July is a good time to expect delivery. After a test drive in a 2.5 automatic, and also my first time driving a Subaru, I really like'em! Coincidentally, as I was leaving the dealership, there was one in the same color I ordered sitting next door at the gas station. I stopped and took a picture, and the owner of it showed up and told me his story of ho he ordered his last year, and it's a manual shift like I ordered. Can't wait to take delivery, as my F-150 is getting only about 16-17 mpg, plus I'm putting a lot of miles on it. Sorry about the long winded post.

·
Registered
2022 Crosstrek Sport
4 Posts
Sounds like a lot of us are waiting for July for delivery. Almost there!
I'm excited to be saving some $$ on gas, too...so the sooner they arrive the better!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my 2022 Sport May 23rd and it arrived last Saturday, June 18th. It helps that we’re in PDX, close to the Port of Vancouver, USA. If your curiosity starts to get the better of you, try going on vessel finder and look for RORO vessels under expected arrivals for the Port of Vancouver. I tracked mine through the Japanese ports and then to the receiving facility on MV Green Cove. I read that vehicles processed here ship as far East as Ohio. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Crosstrek Sport
4 Posts
I ordered my 2022 Sport May 23rd and it arrived last Saturday, June 18th. It helps that we’re in PDX, close to the Port of Vancouver, USA. If your curiosity starts to get the better of you, try going on vessel finder and look for RORO vessels under expected arrivals for the Port of Vancouver. I tracked mine through the Japanese ports and then to the receiving facility on MV Green Cove. I read that vehicles processed here ship as far East as Ohio. Good luck!

how were you abe to track it? with the VIN or?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The public doesn’t have visibility to the shipping docs & Subaru doesn’t share that level of detail. I tracked mine using the dealer’s eta and vessel schedule alignment to expected arrivals at Vancouver, USA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts