Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered mine right after purchase and it took a few weeks to get them but I think this is something very cool that Subaru does....I also have the "My 1st Subaru" one if that doesn't come out in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just put mine on last night. It's definitely a challenge getting them to sit straight, even with their paper template.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't use the template but maybe I should have! Actually, it doesn't look crooked when viewing in person. Maybe the angle I shot from clumsy iPad??? Anyway, I do really believe it helps sponsor brand loyalty as well as a small amount of personalization. I really like the XV in silver. Would have bought silver, white, black or khaki- but had to have a manual...this is the first one I came across and it was at my local dealer so I pulled the trigger on it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got mine for my FIFTH Subaru but I'm patiently waiting for a warm spring day to put them on my new Crosstrek Khaki.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, how bout' a brief synopsis of those previous 4? At least the mileage when sold. I think that would be interesting. Thanks!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tmorgan66030 said:
I just tried ordering ours & it said an error occurred to try again later :(
I believe I ordered mine from the literature given at purchase. Is it possible you might still have it somewhere? Might be easier than online if that continues to error.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I just ordered... I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE FREE!!! AWESOME!!! now to wait 4-6 weeks... sigh

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just ordered too. Not sure if I'm going to put it on or not..probably but I'll see how it looks when it gets here.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I highly doubt I'll install mine on my XV. The first thing I plan to do after getting it home is to pull off all the rest of the badges... I don't expect I'll put more on. I just like the clean look of the rear end.

I think it's a fantastic idea though. I'll likely stick them on my guitar case or something. And I do love looking for them on other Subies.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CrossTrekFan said:
I just ordered too. Not sure if I'm going to put it on or not..probably but I'll see how it looks when it gets here.
I was really impressed with the quality once they arrived if that is/was your concern. Almost OEM. They are super sticky and have a interlocking tab that ensures alignment and fit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
1st was a '91 Legacy fwd sedan that went about 9 years and 125K miles. 2nd was my wife's '92 Legacy AWD wagon that got wrecked with 80K miles. 3rd was a 96 Legacy fwd sedan that I think is stil on the road around my town. 4th is my son's 96 Outback with 143K miles on it and it's still in my driveway....now we have #5 with the 2013 Crosstrek.

·
Registered
354 Posts
RubySu said:
tmorgan66030 said:
I believe I ordered mine from the literature given at purchase. Is it possible you might still have it somewhere? Might be easier than online if that continues to error.
Thank you I will have to look & see :) I was gonna try online one more time & see if not then I'll have to call.

·
Registered
354 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
RubySu said:
tmorgan66030 said:
Thank you I will have to look & see :) I was gonna try online one more time & see if not then I'll have to call.
Just ordered them online :) Not sure why wouldn't work last nite but it works today :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chrisp said:
1st was a '91 Legacy fwd sedan that went about 9 years and 125K miles. 2nd was my wife's '92 Legacy AWD wagon that got wrecked with 80K miles. 3rd was a 96 Legacy fwd sedan that I think is stil on the road around my town. 4th is my son's 96 Outback with 143K miles on it and it's still in my driveway....now we have #5 with the 2013 Crosstrek.
Very cool. Looks like you got the whole fam. involved. I have to be honest in that I'm a bit of a car ho! I m not one for brand loyalty but I gotta say, there is something about this car that just makes me want to drive it and put on the miles. If I get to 100k in the same car, that will be a small miracle. So many cars, so little time! Thanks for the update. Enjoyed that.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Re: Re: Just put on FREE Subaru Icons- who else has them?

RubySu said:
chrisp said:
Very cool. Looks like you got the whole fam. involved. I have to be honest in that I'm a bit of a car ho! I m not one for brand loyalty but I gotta say, there is something about this car that just makes me want to drive it and put on the miles. If I get to 100k in the same car, that will be a small miracle. So many cars, so little time! Thanks for the update. Enjoyed that.
I'm a "car ho", too, but I also definitely have done brand loyalty. A new Subaru every few years, please.

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had mine sitting on a shelf in the garage for over a month. Not sure whether I'm going to install it or not. Maybe it's silly, but I'm a little concerned about resale value, though that's years down the road.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Moonray13 said:
I've had mine sitting on a shelf in the garage for over a month. Not sure whether I'm going to install it or not. Maybe it's silly, but I'm a little concerned about resale value, though that's years down the road.
Do you think they would be that difficult to remove?

·
Registered
927 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Moonray13 said:
Do you think they would be that difficult to remove?
no... just like any other stick-on badge or emblem, you use a plastic putty knife and some Goo Gone. Spray the Goo Gone around the badge, then use the plastic putty knife and work the adhesive backing. use Goo Gone on the residue with a clean cloth... DONE.

Walmart carries it. or AMAZON 8)

·
Registered
500 Posts
The method I've read for removing badges is to heat them with a hair dryer and slide fishing line under to break the adhesive and such.

Either way, shouldn't be bad.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts