Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2.5L engine in the 21 crosstrek.....is it the same as the as the one in the 20 Forester? I like to run K&N filters in my vehicles, but obviously, K&N doesn't specifically list a lot of 21 models yet. If its the exact same engine, the 33-5064 filter should fit correctly.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Never have been able to understand how some people are so loyal to K & N products. Years ago I saw some test data that showed that they--oil and air filters-- were terrible at filtration. Maybe they're OK now. Any recent test data on these you can provide ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just my 2 cents: On the Subaru Online Parts website they show the same filter # on the 2021 XV 2.5L as my 2019 XV 2.0L and the 2020 Forester. I would say it's the same filter since my 2016 Forester 2.5L took the same filter as my 2019 XV 2.0. So the K&N filter will be the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never have been able to understand how some people are so loyal to K & N products. Years ago I saw some test data that showed that they--oil and air filters-- were terrible at filtration. Maybe they're OK now. Any recent test data on these you can provide ?
They have always shown to produce more airflow. I live in the Southwest....Dusty and windy. The K&N's excel in these conditions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They have always shown to produce more airflow. I live in the Southwest....Dusty and windy. The K&N's excel in these conditions.
They allow more airflow because they're filtering less dirt. If you had no filter installed at all, you'd have maximum airflow. Right ? You don't want to run without any filter in those dusty conditions, do you ? Subie OEM filters are relatively HUGE with a lot of surface area so as to allow a lot of airflow AND do a good job of filtering too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, don't buy one then. I've been using them for 10+ years with no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
here is one of many posts of the K&N from the other forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts