Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the kayak out this weekend and took two trips to Little Seneca lake in Boyds, MD. Went on saturday with just my wife and I, and monday with some friends who rented kayaks. We have a 13.5ft two man kayak but the crosstrek handled like there was nothing tied up on top of it.

Some pics from the trip (courtesy of my wife who sits in the front of the kayak and takes pics all day while I paddle ;) ) Just kidding...you can sneak up close to wildlife and get some good pics when the photographer doesn't have to worry about paddling!

Kayak up on the crosstrek

[hr]
Whole bunch of box turtles

[hr]
Great blue heron

[hr]
A pic of me in back of the kayak. It was a cold day on the water!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Love the pics Alex. I especially like the turtles "sunning themselves"- looks like there's quite a bit of competition for that real estate.

Thanks for sharing ;)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dschobz7887 said:
Looked like fun! :)
It was a lot of fun! And Ill be back there today! 2nd wedding anniversary + getting off work at 230 + working 5 mins from the park = KAYAKING !! The workday just starts so much better when you pull into the office with a kayak on your roof...

Now that it is finally consistently warm here in my little corner of MD I expect to start hitting many of the bodies of water around the area this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts