Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Oh that is terrible- hate that for you! I'd be concerned about what is damaged and if they're fixing it, is it going to be 100% as new? What, if any, problems could you potentially have down the road? I'm sure this happens on the occasion. Just not sure if I wouldn't ask for something undamaged??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went by the dealer on the way home to look at her. She was already in the shop so I didn't get to see her. It is supposedly just the windshield and that will be replaced under warranty in the next few days, IF they have them in stock from Denver. MAYBE the beginning of next week. ONE more weekend without a fun car to drive. sniff sniff.
I went ahead and took advantage of the parts shop and picked up my hood protecter. I at least have that. ;D

·
Registered
105 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Ouch...poor crosstrek... :(.

I'm with RubySu on this, I'd be asking tons of questions. At the very least you should get some cash back from the hassle/damage.
Having worked with a dealership and selling cars, since the car is not under your ownership yet, it's likely they will not discount for the shipping damage. In that case, the shipper has insurance and it is taken care of from that.

Long and short is things get damaged in shipping, you can ask questions but I don't think anyone has the answers and you have to figure out what answers you want. When I was selling, there was a boat that sank and it had ordered cars on it. I had to call the clients and let them know we were going to reorder the car because of this. A client said they were going to call their insurance company and see what they cold get and I said that since it was not under their ownership and still owned by the manufacturer the insurance company could not do anything.

It is frustrating but know that the dealership is doing a good job to fix this because they will be on the hook for this from now on.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only question I had was, everything is covered under warranty and the answer was the correct one. I'm not going to trouble with asking for a discount because they first told me it would be here in July, so it is still "early." Just not as early as I wanted. It is a bummer though because I planned a nice long camp/hike/road trip for this Memorial weekend. Plans change and it could be worse. This is SUCH a First World problem and I shouldn't be whining. I have food and shelter and...and...and...SO no complaints. Thanks for allowing me to vent my frustrations though. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.