Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I have a 2016 Crosstrek and after about 300 miles I noticed a knocking noise after a full warm up ( 10 to 15 miles of driving ) that occurs just above idle and is most noticeable about 1100 rpm. The dealership said let it break in, SOA said ditto to dealership. It is at 2500 miles now with no change. It must be fully warmed up for it to occur. I attached a short 42 second video, it is most noticeable from 23 seconds and on. I am looking for input. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B46rQMzGTgiCWWQxUXJkdmg3Z0E/view?usp=drive_web

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine sounds different, very synchronous and a dull knocking from the left side of the engine, your video sounds like marbles in a coffee can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it in at 300 miles, the service manager said let it break in and gave me an invoice for "noise customer hears" for a record of the visit. I contacted SOA, they said "we rely on the opinions of our service managers" and "we will see you at your 6000 mile oil change".

·
Registered
811 Posts
I took it in at 300 miles, the service manager said let it break in and gave me an invoice for "noise customer hears" for a record of the visit. I contacted SOA, they said "we rely on the opinions of our service managers" and "we will see you at your 6000 mile oil change".
I would save everything that everyone at the dealer and SOA have told you. I have never heard that kind of knocking noise from an engine with only 300 miles. I would take it to a different dealer if you can. There is something definitely wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts