Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FINALLY saw my first Crosstrek (besides mine, of course) in LA tonight on my way home from work. It was white (possibly khaki -- it was dark out) and I spotted it on the 405 Northbound around 7:15pm.

I passed it as I was exiting at La Tijera (I live in Westchester.)

Anyone here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's hysterical. It's probably mine, and it's khaki. I live in WLA and work in the southbay, so you might see me going up and down the 405...
Are they really that rare? I've not seen another one yet either, will keep an eye out for yours.. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had mine since November. I've only seen 2 others-- a red (like mine) and a black, both in Jersey City, NJ, in one day in a span of 1 hour. Weird, cause I've not seen one again since then. I live in Central New Jersey and have yet to see one in my area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As someone who is still in the searching/buying mode, I've only seen 2 out in the wild. Both orange, so I'm assuming it's the same car. I freak out and get really excited each time.

It's taking me a while to find one because I'm not willing to pay sticker...looking good though hopefully, my dealer has found a Dark Grey Limited that I could get for about ~$800 under sticker, but still about ~$700 over invoice. You guys think that's a good deal? (I'm in NorCal (Bay Area).

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HikingDrew said:
That's hysterical. It's probably mine, and it's khaki. I live in WLA and work in the southbay, so you might see me going up and down the 405...
Are they really that rare? I've not seen another one yet either, will keep an eye out for yours.. :)
Haha, that's funny that it was probably you. I do feel like they are still pretty rare but I am hoping they will pick up more and more steam over the next year.

X-tophe said:
As someone who is still in the searching/buying mode, I've only seen 2 out in the wild. Both orange, so I'm assuming it's the same car. I freak out and get really excited each time.

It's taking me a while to find one because I'm not willing to pay sticker...looking good though hopefully, my dealer has found a Dark Grey Limited that I could get for about ~$800 under sticker, but still about ~$700 over invoice. You guys think that's a good deal? (I'm in NorCal (Bay Area).
I feel like that may be a good deal, still. I'm not a car buying expert but I feel that the Crosstrek is going for around invoice. Is that an out the door price or before taxes/titles/etc?

·
Registered
354 Posts
We are still waiting on ours to come in..but I've only seen 2 out in the real world..one was black & the other was white...we live in northeastern Kansas. We can't wait to get ours! We already put a security deposit on it so it just needs to come in ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
X-tophe said:

I feel like that may be a good deal, still. I'm not a car buying expert but I feel that the Crosstrek is going for around invoice. Is that an out the door price or before taxes/titles/etc?
It's ~$800 below sticker, before tax/title. I attempted to negotiate to get closer to invoice, but they wouldn't budge. Other dealerships in my area have them listed around $2000 over sticker, and will only negotiate down to sticker. So I think I might have a good deal. As a first time buyer I'm a bit overwhelmed by the whole ordeal.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I understand that's a pretty good deal on the Crosstrek, or any new model car for that matter. Its because there is nothing on the market to compete with the new prices (ie any used Crosstreks.)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just saw another (or maybe the same??) white Crosstrek pulling out of the Trader Joe's parking lot in Manhattan beach off of Rosecrans by the 405 intersection as I was leaving work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Just saw another (or maybe the same??) white Crosstrek pulling out of the Trader Joe's parking lot in Manhattan beach off of Rosecrans by the 405 intersection as I was leaving work.
That was probably me again, was in the REI last week, stop following me around! :)

BTW, saw my first XV yesterday around lunchtime. It was silver and southbound on the 405 near the airport.

·
Registered
243 Posts
X-tophe said:

I paid almost $2200 under sticker for my Premium with CVT, Nav, and popular package #1. I'm in Houston, Texas and I'm sure being in a market that probably isn't one of Subaru's best probably helps. As of right now I paid less than any similarly equipped model sold according to TrueCar.com. You might want to catch a cheap flight to Houston and drive your CrossTrek back :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HikingDrew said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
That was probably me again, was in the REI last week, stop following me around! :)

BTW, saw my first XV yesterday around lunchtime. It was silver and southbound on the 405 near the airport.
I saw a Silver one on Rosecrans either yesterday or two days ago. It still had paper plates on it and was pulling out of the Paul Marten's/Fleming's parking deck area across Rosecrans from my work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may be seeing a Black Limited one too if you drive on the 405 or the 101.. right now it has a Subaru of Santa Monica dealer plate on it

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tigerblues said:
You may be seeing a Black Limited one too if you drive on the 405 or the 101.. right now it has a Subaru of Santa Monica dealer plate on it
I drive the 405 to/from work every day, though it's only ~5 miles in each direction between Westchester and Manhattan Beach. Maybe I'll see yours around, though!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I drive the 5north from oceanside to 405n to Long Beach in the morning 5am and reverse of course at 539pm.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm on the 405 for a short stretch, mostly the 10 freeway eastbound or mid-city driving thru Santa Monica Blvd.
For months I hadn't seen any other XV, but finally saw a black one the other day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rmaligie said:
I drive the 5north from oceanside to 405n to Long Beach in the morning 5am and reverse of course at 539pm.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
geesh, how long is that drive!?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know this is super old but I saw a white trekkie in Torrance when I was test driving mine with the salesman. It had a Thule (i think) hitch bike rack and the salesman pointed it out. Then I saw a black silica parked in the Ikea lot in Carson about two weeks ago. Anyone from here?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts